• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Odds & Ends

Started by Mhayes, November 10, 2011, 11:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

We have split the OPR Handbook into two sections: Navigating OPR and Techniques. Thanks to Mike Sluder for volunteering to update the PhotoShelter section and adding info about the forum. A big thanks to Tess for getting these changes incorporated. This will be a big help that when updates are made in PhotoShelter. The Techniques Handbook is the same as what was in the old handbook and is a good place for newcomes to see what is required on color correcting. For those just starting out, there are more helpful tips on the Forum under The New Volunteer Welcome Center and the FAQ section.

Having been under the weather these last few weeks I have let a few things slide. Now that I am halfway back to normal--not sure what normal is--I'm hoping to get a newsletter out to all of you. When I do that there will be news about the auctioning of two canvas prints that you see on the homepage by Barbara Reed for OPR. She has donating these to help OPR with the Joplin run and possible run in the spring to the Northeast.

Joplin will be a continuing story as there are over 30,000 photos housed in the First Baptist Church in Carthage, MO. There will be a claiming day this Saturday in the Joplin Public Library for those who have claimed photos listed on Facebook and Flicker by Lost Photos of Joplin. At present under 4,000 photos have been claimed and picked up. All of the photos taken to the church have now been scanned, referenced, and in boxes. The next stage will be a public showing in a mall in Joplin. Copies of the originals will be made and hung with reference numbers on them. OPR will continue to be partnered with this project and discussion will be underway on how we offer our services then.

Sorry this has taken so long, but it maybe a good thing to have the auction close to the holidays.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Mike, what a beautiful job did on the new Handbook!  Great idea to have the 2 different download buttons for Navigating and Techniques.
Tess, the clickable hurricane images look really good, thanks for doing such a great job taking care of the OPR web site!

Margie, it sounds like you still have some recovering to do so don't overdo it!
Looking forward to the newsletter with news about the auction.

I really hope the public viewing of the Joplin photos will attract a lot of people and that some of these thousands of photos are reunited with their owner.  Looks like OPR still has lots of work to do!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Hannie, you said it all -a big thanks to everyone involved; it looks wonderful!

Glad you are feeling a little better, Margie.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Good day everyone,

I am sure you know that most projects involve a lot of people behind the scenes so I would like to thank Margie, Tess, Hannie, Victoria, Kiska, Shujen, Jan, Bambi, Jonas and Pat for their advice and support.  This was a learning experience for me that will be very helpful for future projects.

It was very nice to have Photoshop and Snagit software for this project so thanks to the folks that created them.  Sometimes we take the basics for granted but need to give credit where it is due.

Thank you all,

Mike
Mike S.

PhotoBob

Great job Mike to you and all your helpers!  :wnw:  ( I still think Ms. Spud looks best in photo # 3)

PhotoBob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Mhayes

Bob, based on that decision; I would say you on on the road to a quick recovery!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]