• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Needing help figuring out this collar[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/

Started by mschonher, February 04, 2008, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

After trying for 3 days to restore the hand in this photo I gave up and decided to leave it out but now that I'm restoring the jacket I can't make any sense out of the right hand side of the collar or lappel. It looks so much smaller than the other side. Does anyone out there have a clue?
Also, I can't remember if this is from Jan's or Margie's gallery, so if either one of you is looking at this, can you let me know if it's yours?

Thanks..........Mary

klassylady25

Set up three files: Chris, Jan, and Margie.   Next time you download a picture put the picture into the gallery file that it came from.  As for the collar, use the side that you see as an example. Copy, paste on new layer and work from there.  You may have to use the 'warp' tool.  I wouldn't know what to do without it.   I think she's coming along great. 

Mhayes

Hi Mary, the fun picture is from my gallery.  ;D  I think she looking great! It almost looks like you can see the collar tip close to the edge of the picture, but that doesn't make sense because the studs or stitching do not extend out that far. Great Job  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Mary

I think her hand's important, because it appears to me that she's pulling off the jacket (upwards & outwards), and that's creating the weird effect.  Nothing else makes sense, because it's a beautiful jacket, and the only other supposition would be that it was not fitted properly which I don't think is the case.  I suspect it's a "naughty but nice" pose with the come-hither look and what appears to be a "shucking" of the garment.  At any rate, that's my strange perspective.  You've done a gorgeous job, as usual, especially with her hair.

Hugs!

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

This reminds me of the "Glamour Shots".  Glenna you're probably closer than you think with the naughty but nice pose. 

glennab

Hi Vicki (kidding, Candy!)

I'll bet you're right.  I'd forgotten about glamor shots.  This would be a classic pose.

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hi Mary,

What a great job you have done on this naughty lady!  :up2:
I agree with Glenna on the hands but at the same time I realize that hands are the hardest thing to draw without it coming out looking painted.  Even when you look at paintings of the great masters, the hands always look funky, rarely ever realistic. 

About the size of the collar/lapel, I think it overlaps a bit more than what you show in your restore.

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hi Everyone, it's definitely one of those 80's glamor shots taken at every mall across America.
I doubt that she is removing her jacket though, looking at the position of her fingers, the thumb is up against her chest and the fingers just aren't in the right position for removal...my take anyway. What is bothering me is that our right side of the collar is so much shorter than the other side! I've taken what the  perspective would be, and it still too small. The right side is such a mess, I've looked in all the channels and that didn't work either.
Guys, I don't know about that hand business. Wouldn't a bad hand ruin the whole photo? I think the face is more important than the hand.
Candy, your idea sounds brilliant, now I just have to figure out how to do that. Being self taught, I'm not very good with that kind of details....I'm going to try though. It might be easier for me to just put a C or M or J on the photo.
About the hair; I mostly stole pieces from here and there on her head and then blended the areas in as best as I could. I'm glad you all liked it as it was a challenge because of that permed look...remember how alot of ladies fried their hair with perms???? How many of you had a denim jacket with all that stuff on it? Come on now, fess up!
Mary

cmpentecost

Ah yes...guilty of having permed hair in the 80's!  And...I will NEVER share those photos with anyone!  Ugh! :P

As for the hand, I have to agree with you Mary, that it might be best to take the hand out than try and re-create something and have it look unnatural.  After all, it's her face that is the important part of the photo.  You've done a great job on this photo!

Christine

klassylady25

Ratz

Mary, you have done a stunning job on her face and hair! it is absolutely gorgeous!
Take the hand out, I agree a bad hand would ruin the great work you've done already. as for the collar, I think the last post by Hannie is closer to the mark,IMHO.

schen

I see her left shoulder is much higher than the right one.
Her hair is much more puffier on her left side.
I don't see her thumb.

Her face and hair were very nicely restored and the face is the most important part.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

The more glitz the better eh? Believe it or not I still have a denim shirt with silver stuff on it and..............I must confess that sometimes I wear it...shhhh don't tell anybody OK. My hair is naturally frizzy but I do everything humanly possible not to look that way.  Now about the photo.

I did see that the shoulder to our right is much higher, I think she is leaning to an angle and that brought it up, but I think it's also some damage that exaggerated it. I tried leaving the shoulder higher but it made her look very hefty, which I can tell she is not. That collar just has to be larger than what most of us can see, how could it possible be anything else?
If Chris thinks it's OK to leave out the hand, then that's what I'm going to do........Madam President has spoken!
Thanks everyone for your input, I value every bit of it, now I'm going to try to finish her up and send her back home.

Mary :loveit:

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful job Mary. :up: I agree with Hannie on the jacket crossover.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]