• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

need eagle eyes and suggestions

Started by battleaxe, December 30, 2008, 12:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hello!!
 Couldn't get this to post on the difficult board so here they are ;D

Need suggestions on how to fix the faces up.  Or...Do we have the people here in another pic that I can use as references???

Yes the color is off , had to manipulate the layers so I could see what was in the pic and bring the details out that I could find.  Will try to color correct later.

Also did I remove a dog ?  :-\  I originally thought the man in front of the door had a dog face on his lap but then it looked like a belt too... :crazy:

Any suggestions are welcome!!

Hannie

Hi Battleaxe,

I identify strongly with your moniker, I love it, lol!
You sure like to pick the easy ones to restore!  I think you already pulled out of the faces as much as is possible without changing their appearance, great job!

From what I can see there might have been a dog but there is not enough info left to worry about it I think.
The lady's dress is red and her left arm can use some skin color but you probably are still working on that.

I'm not sure from which gallery you picked this one so I don't know if there are any other photos for reference?

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

Got this from your gallery Hannie. :funny:
Did not find anyone in the same setting.  Here is another try with dog and flowers.  Don't know what more to do to the faces.  The more I try to bring them out using channels the stranger they get., but will try some more. Don't think the faces are going to change much. To get this pic together have to clone and smudge at different strengths.  Basically painting the pic.  If I erase all the dots it looks worse to me, really fake  :D.   Should I get some wood textures and try redoing the walls?  Also the person eating the pizza  is he/she wearing a yellow sweater? also what do I do for the pants the guy with the dog is wearing?

Hannie

<...Got this from your gallery Hannie...>

I knew that Battleaxe, I was just testing you... ;)

The colors are much more like the original, well done!  I had a good look at the original at high res and I don't think there is a dog there.  The man's left arm rests on the chairs armrest and his belly sticks out a bit.  His pants are quite dark, almost black.
I also would not redo the walls, smooth out a little here and there at the most.
This photo is so badly damaged, for all practical purposes it was not restorable!

great job,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Battleaxe, I agree with Hannie and you have done a great job for a photo that looked beyond any type of repair!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

This is the last ! I'm smudged out  :crazy:  mostly kidding

Is this good enough to go home?

Hannie

Battleaxe, anything that could have done to this bear of a restore you did (and more)!
Let's give your eyes a rest and send it home!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

Thanks for your help :hug:
It is sent home.