• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New guy from Arizona

Started by louoates, January 22, 2009, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louoates

No complaints here about the weather. That out of the way I'll say Hi to you all. I'm Lou from Mesa AZ, fairly good at restoration but wanting to learn more -- especially by helping others. I'm amazed at some of the great work I've seen here and look forward to the challenges.
I do have a few questions regarding the replacement of faces that are too far gone to correct. I'm thinking that there are other faces of the same people from different photos to use? If not, I suppose we just erase that person and fill the space with background??
Sorry if I've missed some direction that may be elsewhere on this site. Anyway, glad to meet you all.

Mhayes

Hi Lou, welcome to OPR from Kansas! I lived for a year in Mesa AZ while contract labour for Weights/ Balance Engineering at  McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Co. (C-17A composite wing). I loved my time there and thought the dessert beautiful.

When you come across a photo that you think that the face of any other area is too far gone to replace, drop a line to your distributor and see if there are other photos of that person you use as reference. If not, she can advise you whether the photo is a non-restore or not. It may mean that the photo will need to be cropped or some other solution. You may also post the photo to the forum and get some feedback that way. It's always best to ask first before erasing anything out of the picture.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Lou and welcome to the forum!
How I envy you living in Arizona, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I spent a lot of time in Payson and have seen a fair bit of the rest of the state, gorgeous place, would love to go back there.

Looking forward to see more postings,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Welcome aboard, Lou! You have joined a great group...
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070