• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Greetings from Savannah, GA

Started by deeperDATA, January 22, 2009, 02:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deeperDATA

So here is my new user post :wow:
I am a 24 year old student, currently attending Savannah Tech for CIS and networking. I work as an IT consultant/web designer and recently decided to pursue graphic design seriously. Though I have used Photoshop and other similar products for years, especially while working in printing, I never approached the photo restoration arena. I was reading through Photoshop User magazine and found a brief writeup on this site and decided to check it out. I look forward to working with many of you and I am glad that I have found an outlet where I can help others and learn much at the same time.

Check out my tech blog @ www.deeperdatait.com.

glennab

Hi Michael

Welcome from freezing Florida (I scraped frost off my car windows this morning.  That's not right!  I'm not ready to move further south!)

I checked out your web site and am mightily impressed with your credentials.  What a busy guy.  I so envy you "youngsters" who grew up with computers.  I'm pretty darned old, and although I love technology, I don't have the comfort with systems and the web that my younger colleagues do.

You've come to a great place to contribute something very special to people who have lost so much.  And I guarantee you'll learn a lot from those of us who've been grappling with these muck monsters for quite a while.  I can also tell you, since I was on a copy run and met some of the people for whom we're pushing pixels, that they send their thanks and blessing to everyone who's working on their restorations.  Know that, even though you may never have personal contact with any of them.

Also know that if you run into any problems or have questions about a work in progress, there are a bunch of volunteers who like nothing more than to offer opinions, tips & tricks to help you through if you post for help.  I'd say at least half of my restorations have been community projects, and I've gotten awesome feedback.

I'm so glad you've joined us, and I think you'll be as well.

Bless,

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Michael,

Welcome from Kansas. I worked for a year in Savannah and loved it there.

I also checked out your website and was impressed and wonder how you have the time to do all this and go to school! We are very happy to have you and I have a feeling that your expertise is going to be a bonus for us.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Michael,

Welcome from Amsterdam!  A wonderful combination, helping flood victims restore there memories and learn a lot about restoring water damaged photos at the same time.

Great blog, I learned a lot from just reading a few pages, e.g. now I know what a distro is! lol!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]