• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Jerseyite says hello

Started by operator99, November 19, 2008, 10:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

operator99

As did Willy, I heard about this organization from the latest issue of Photoshop User and was really excited by the ability to participate in such a worthwhile endeavor. Just waiting to to get my hands - well my Wacom pen actually, on the first image.

Mhayes

Hi Operator99, we are excited to have you!

Margie

P.S. Love your avatar!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi O99

Welcome from COLD Florida.  Down to 60 today.  Brrrrr.

I love your avatar.

I'm so glad you decided to join us.  I hope you get as much joy out of working on these restorations as I have over the past few years.  They're really tough, contrary to what certain unnamed distribution coordinators will tell you, but worth every minute, especially when you consider that some of the people who submitted photos for restoration only had  a few left after the disaster.

You can feel comfortable posting works in progress, because no one will disparage your efforts.  We've all been there and many of us have had to return unfinished images that defied our skills.  Fortunately, with help from the local gurus, I've only had to return a couple.  They've guided me through the rest.  You've joined a global community of absolutely wonderful, big-hearted people, and I guarantee you'll be glad you did!

Be sure to look through the tutorials and handbook for plenty of good information.

Look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi operator99, welcome to the forum. Your first image is waiting for your pen and patience.  :halo:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

operator99

Quote from: Tassie D on November 19, 2008, 06:09:35 PM
Hi operator99, welcome to the forum. Your first image is waiting for your pen and patience.  :halo:

Got it and have done the work and sent it back - hope it passes muster.

Tess (Tassie D)

It certainly did 99, a beautiful job.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

operator99

Second image finished - looking for to expanded gallery options if this one passes the test :-) Happy Thanksgiving to all

operator99

Four done and who knows how many to go :-)