• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Could you eyeball this one please

Started by Ausimax, November 16, 2007, 10:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Check it out and give me your thoughts please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

cmpentecost

Wow Max, this is great!  What tools/brushes did you use for his hair?  I've found hair to be the most difficult thing to restore, and to look natural.  My only comment is that you may want to darken the background a bit.  It looks a wee bit light to me, but then, if you did a curves adjustment or something, perhaps this was the natural color.  Ok..one more thing.  His left jaw line (our right) looks like it might need a bit of smoothing out.  We don't want him looking like he has the mumps on one side!  It's just the small bulge as you approach his ear.

Great job!  :o)

Chris

Ausimax

Hi Chris,

I use JK hair brushes for doing the hair, they are the thing that has made doing hair possible for me, its not my best thing - I have no idea where I got them - did a Google search and couldn't find them.

The background colour seems to be natural, there was enough to work from and if I changed it it would remove that natural transition from hair to background in the undamaged areas so I went with what was there.

Have fixed the face, a trick I learnt from inspection parades in the army, leave something obvious for them to pick, them they move on and don't spot the real problem - well thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Great job Max, the hair turned out really well.  Is the black piece in the armpit a fold or damage I wonder?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Max,

You did a great job on the hair!  :up2: (and the rest to!)
I have one little pick and that is the tone.  The original is a little on the red side, even when level corrected and I think yours is a little too blueish.  I tried to correct but it isn't easy, had to darken the background a bit and it still isn't quite what I was looking for!  Oh well I tried! 

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Tess, I'm not sure about the black spot, it looks as though it could be original, though I don't think it will be missed if I remove it.

Hannie I don't worry too much about fine tuning colour, the guidelines state that basic colour correction is OK but they will adjust it to suit the printing process, so I just try and get it in the ballpark and leave it at that, suits me that way, I have trouble deciding what looks best once I start to twiddle with it, beside my monitor is only calibrated with Adobe Gamma, so I'm happy to leave that to the experts.

Thanks for you keen eyes and comments, much appreciated!

Max

Ratz

Great resto, Max :up: The hair came out really well and I know it's something you used to struggle with.
A fine effort! :)

Ausimax

This is my latest a WIP, give it a look over please and tell me what you see.

Max

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

Close Kiska! :o)

Max, just a bit more contrast on the shirt.  Looks a bit washed out - and no pun about it having been in a huricane.   ^-^

schen

Max,

Richard's face looks really great!  Nice job.

I would suggest darken the shadows around his neck: under the ear, below his chin, and between his neck and the collar.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Hi Max,

As if there weren't enough already here's another (small) pick; the color of the teeth (blueish) and the whites of the eyes (yellowish).
Great job!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Max. :up: He sure does reming me of Richard Gere.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Thanks for your comments, it is only a WIP and I wanted some independent input before going further.

One question: Why was this one languishing in the gallery? I thought you girls would have been fighting over the chance to deal with this hunk. :funny:

Max

klassylady25

Our bad, but in our defense, it was Carter's fault!!!  LOL