• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank You NAPP!

Started by Mhayes, November 13, 2008, 01:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

If you are a NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) member, check out the December issue of Photoshop User magazine on page 17. If you are not a member, chances are that you will find this issue at your local bookstore. We are mentioned in the Photoshop News portion and it gives us a paragraph and a brief description of our efforts with Hurricane Katrina and our website address and the need for volunteers.

I am totally in awe of how NAPP has embraced us and kept our name out in front of their membership. We owe a big thanks to Nancy Masse who first contacted us and asked how NAPP could be of assistance to help those hit by Hurricane Ike. At the time we had just lost our grant and we were trying to get our backlog down and we doubted if we could take on anymore. She put out the call in the NAPP forum for help and some 250+ new volunteers answered the call. What is so amazing is that it didn't stop there! News of OPR appeared on Pod casts, Layers magazine, Twitter, Photography magazines, Photoshop Element websites, NAPP's newsletter, and many others sites! Also, a big thank you goes out to Matt Kloskowski for mentioning us at PhotoShop World. After telling his class on restoring if they wanted to be part of something noble to join OPR and help in the restoring of photos, we started getting requests to help. A couple of those were teachers who wanted their students to become involved.

To all of you NAPP members— THANK YOU!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

TerryB

I don't want to sound like a shill for NAPP here, but it's the best $99 my children ever spent on me.  Annual birthday present for which I thank them every day.

Superb on-line tutorials and tips, discounts on stuff Photoshoppers are likely to need and Photoshop User magazine, which is included with the membership, is stuffed with so much useful information that it's unlikely I'll get through all of it in my lifetime.

It was a mention of OPR a few months ago on the NAPP website that prompted me to join OPR.

And if you have a compliant accountant, the $99 may be a tax-deductible professional journal.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

PatW

I also found OPR through NAPP.  I've been a member since 1998 or 1999.  Like Terryb, I don't want to sound like a shill, but the return you get on that $99 investment each year is phenomenal.   It's also a great organization run by very nice people.....   Hey !  Just like OPR!

Pat

glennab

I joined OPR at the very beginning because of a small mention in the NAPP on-line newsletter.

NAPP is a wonderful organization and well worth the membership fee.  I get many of their tutorial DVDs and books.  Most of the time, I have Photoshop User in pieces after I read it.  There's so much great information that I tear out pages and keep different subjects filed for future reference.  Talk about a treasure trove!

The best gift I've gotten from NAPP is my membership in OPR.  I'm glad they're promoting us again and that we've gotten so many new members because of their attention to our cause. 

I can attest to the fact that both groups have enriched my life beyond all expectations. I shall be a life-long member of each. It can only get better!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)