• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christian 05 Review

Started by Bambi, April 16, 2013, 05:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Original

WIP

Please look this over carefully and let me know what I can do to improve it.

Bambi

seelcraft

Wow, great curtains!
Is the wallpaper a stock pattern?
Left girl's nose seems to be pushed in.

Doug
Chemists have solutions!

Hannie

Bambi, you brought this photo back to life, great job!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

The Christian pictures are great to work on because there are so many of them, with a lot of reference. The enough of the wallpaper was undamaged to use for the rest. I started by opening a copy of the photo as a tif in Camera Raw (these pictures are 240 ppi, so no problem with resolution changes). I turn off the auto sharpening, then crank the Clarity to 100 percent, make the Exposure darker, increase the black and adjust the Brightness and Contrast until I get the most detail available. I then make that a Reference layer in my PSD. I used that as a guide for the woman's profile on the left. I don't use it as a working layer because the Clarity function often adds noise and artifacts, but it's a great guide and I check it often.

Bambi

Jo Ann Snover

I'm not sure if you were looking for small detail comments, but if so, I think the chin as well as the nose of the girl on the left has been pushed back to the left too far; there are mismatches on the ceiling moulding at the top corner (right) and down the wallpaper corner; there are some repeating patterns in the edge of the wallpaper on the right; there's a cloning offset in the runner edge on the sideboard on the right (slightly too far right; between the pictures)
Jo Ann

Bambi

Thank you, Jo Ann. Those are exactly the things I'm looking for.

Bambi