• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady in a Pink Dress

Started by weewood, March 19, 2010, 03:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Let me know what you think about this restoration. I'm hoping its finished, but I know you guys have better eyes then me. So, let me know....Regards, David

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

David, your time away has done you well, your restore looks great!
Is the groom's tie a little longer in the original photo or does it just seem that way because of the damage?

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful job David. :up: I agree with Hannie on the tie, needs to be a little longer. There also seems to be a bit of staining left around the lady's middle?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Thanks for the nice comments! I'll work to improve the tie and remove the stain (although, I'm not sure I see it). Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

weewood

Sorry for the delay, I had a bad spell with major back pain and headaches, but I think I got the corrections you suggested completed, and hope you like it. If everyone is happy, I will send it home. Thanks everyone....

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Hannie

Hi David,

I'm so sorry to hear you were not feeling well, I hope the pain is gone and you're feeling better!
The restore looks great, there is still some room for levels adjustment and then you will be able to see what Tess mentioned earlier about the yellow staining around the waist of the dress.  It is very easy to get rid of with a color layer or the color replacement tool.

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Hannie,,,Thanks for the pointers. For some reason I just could not see that. I had used the dodge tool to lighten the area, but your method was better. I think my image looks like yours now. Is it ready to go home???

Regards, David

p.s. I'm getting new computer glasses in a couple of weeks. My old ones are more than two years old. That could be part of my problem.....
David J. Davis

glennab

Hi David

I hope the fact that you're back to restoring means that you feel better.  Hate those rotten headaches and back problems!  We must find the poofer and make them all begone!  It's good to see you back on the forum.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)