• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

To Sepia or not to Sepia

Started by jaytrumpet, June 19, 2013, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaytrumpet

This is the original photo. It looks like it may have been hand colored. I am unsure as to what I should do with the color on this project.

In this version I have removed the color and created a gradient background.

For this one I kept the sepia and filled out the background in the grayish blue that was prevalent.

Should I keep the sepia?

Jay

Pat

Jay this family brought in a lot of wedding photos and they most likely would want them all to match in coloring if possible so it's probably best to ask your distributor if they are to be done in sepia or b/w.

If you go with the b/w version you have a problem with where the floor and wall meet in relation to where the dress ends.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

Here is a 3rd one where I split the difference. Pat you are right, I'll have to fix the wall/floor intersection as i pertains to the dress.

schen

Looks really nice, Jay.

The fern leaves of the boutonniere should be green.  I don't think there was a line between the wall and the floor.

I like the coloring but the distributor should be able to tell you about the rest of the wedding photos.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

I love how the photographer has this young couple posed.  Very pretty!!  :up2:
Candice

jaytrumpet

Thank you for all your help. The image below was accepted by the distributor so I assume the color is what they were looking for. It really is a stunning pose and photo.