• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is This Damage or Is This Design?

Started by Charlene5, September 24, 2007, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

I've solicited opinions from my family (a split decision) and now I need your opinion.  Are the white dots and white thingies on either side of the dress part of the dress or damage?  On one hand the thingies are symetrical and quite alike - but they're in a weird place and look funny to me.  Are the round things buttons?  What do you think?  I'd appreciate your opinion :)

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

It looks too uniform to be damage. Each shoulder thingie is a mirror of the other. They seem to match up with the white bands around the wrist, possibly a cardigan that when done up has the white going around it?
The white dots look like damage as there is one on the womans collar in the foreground.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rockthumper

I agree with Tess. The white bars seem to be on the lapels of some kind of jacket.

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

Oh I think y'all are right!  Could it be like a shawl collar?  This photo is dated 1929 and I think they were fashionable then?
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

rockthumper

I think you have it Charlene. Here's a modern one:

Charlene5

Thanks everyone!  Those thingies were driving me mad.  Rockthumper that's exactly what I had in mind.  I think that the white of the thingies (and the cuffs) has gotten lighter over the years.  I've alread curved down someone else's blown white collar and lots of those big hard white blobs.  (There's a lot of 0-0-0 black in the picture too.)  I think if I calm down the highlight a bit it won't look so just stuck on there.  Darken it a bit, burn in a little suggestion of a shape, and that may do it.

Y'all are brilliant!  Thanks again.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells