• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Should anything be changed?

Started by Patre, January 25, 2008, 11:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patre

This image had damage extensive enough to create doubt in my mind about exactly what image features lay underneath it. I am attaching both the original damaged image and the restored print size version. I made some educated guesses related to the image content and constructed the restored version
based on these hunches. Please suggest image accomodations, if you believe I have strayed far from the truth of what the "real world" scene was really like.
Thanks for your help!

Unrestored version:

Restored version:

Hannie

Hi Pat,

Your restoration looks great!  :up2:
Was that a map on the front of the speaker stand?

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Patre

Thanks Hannie,
I honestly don't know if what was in front of the speaker's stand was
damage or another object- like a map. I treated it like damage, but I might
have been wrong. The "channels" did not solve the mystery, so I chose to create a podium facade.

glennab

Pat, I think Hannie's eagle eyes did pick up something that I missed when I first looked at the original.  I think she's right that there's a map draped over the podium.  I thought it was damage, too, but as I look at it more closely I can see evidence of shorelines and roads.  Might be worth revisiting.  Another thing that bothers me is the extra red in her face.  I think I'd add some yellow so it looks more natural.  The last little pick is that she appears to be in front of a couch, and the end of it is more convex than in your restoration.  Small stuff.  Great restoration.

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

From my screen it is a map of Israel with neighboring Jordan. I also believe the room is in a church. If so, the map holds a lot of meaning.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie the cartographer.  Awesome!  And I'd agree that it's probably an important element in the photo.

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Patre

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I made the suggested corrections and uploaded  the image  to Photoshelter.

klassylady25

Patre

Thanks Klassylady,
Looks like your search find is a match for the podium cover.