• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

For final approval

Started by GP, June 20, 2011, 12:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

I have been working on this 4 x 6" photo. The edges had a lot of damage, especially on your right side. Cropping is not an option, so this is the best I was able do come up with. It's not perfect - but I think it is done.

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Hannie

Beautiful restore Gerlinde!
One little thing that I see is curve of the lighter colored brick in the lower right corner.
My computer is behaving badly so all I could do was place a few dots where I think the curves runs?

Just nitpicking,  ;)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Hi Hanni,

I applied a dark vignette to the sides of the photo, to make my meager attempts to repair the damage to the white van in the background.

You did a great job to remove my dark corners!  :funny:

I will try to fix that car somewhat better, it jumps right out at me, when I look at the photo. You just can't hide anything from your watchful eyes....

:loveit:

Hannie

;D

Gerlinde I only lightened your sneaky dark corner so you could see my skillfully painted red dots better!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Hanni,

could you have another look at the original picture. It looks like some place in Europe. Do you have any clue where it might be or what model that white van could be?

If I had some kind of reference, that would help alot.

Hannie

Gerlinde, it is Trafalgar Square in London.  As for the van I haven't got the faintest!  Hubby is already asleep so I can't ask him either.  Perhaps there lurkers on the forum that can help out?  If not I'll ask hubby tomorrow morning!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Wow, Hannie thank you so much!  :up:

I knew it had to be in England. There is a red double story bus somewhere  in the picture. Maybe I can find a picture to restore the buildings on the right side.

Don't wake your hubby, I can wait until tomorrow.  ;D

Tess (Tassie D)

Gerlinde it looks like a Ford Transit van to me. We have them out here too. Its either a work van
or a camper van

I cant tell if there are windows along the side or not?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

This is all I see for the van.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Blue channel says no windows at the side.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Again, thank you all for the great help restoring this picture. I think the van looks now more realistic and I also discovered that there is a pillar/marker stone in front of the van. I completely missed that before.  :wow:

Just for completeness sake, here is what I sent home now:

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, but I will be back soon  :loveit:

Mhayes

GP,

Your final looks beautiful and it was fun watching how the van and the fountain came together.

Have fun on vacation, but come back soon this time!  :police:

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]