• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

cleanup the grunge in the frame border?

Started by Typo, March 12, 2014, 05:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typo

I'm having a bit of trouble removing the crap out of the frame border. I split the photo in 2 (picture on 1 layer & frame on another) as things I tried messed up the other. Should be simple but obviously I am missing it. I also tried to find that border online, but couldn't find anything close.

Chris.

Could also crop out the lower left border then rotate to desired position and paste it onto the damaged area(s).  :)
Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

jensend

You could use the Dodge tool.
After you select the tool, set the range to Highlights and the Exposure to 10%.
Make the brush big and soft, and paint over each area until the gray is gone.

Typo

Thanks for the ideas, I'll try them later when I have more time.

Mike

battleaxe

If you have photoshop, Lasso the colored area , ctrl (cmd) j to put it on a separate layer, on the top bar go to  image-adjustments-replace color.  Select the color(s) to change and move the lightness bar to change the colors to white.

I find this works the best, but you have to isolate the area you are working on if the color is throughout the pic.  This is destructive which is why I put the area I am working on, on a different layer.

Typo

Mhayes

Typo, that looks great! How did you end up doing it?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Typo

I used Tori's 1st method. I was just going to go down the list to find a solution that worked. I concentrated on the top as it was the darkest then cloned it around.

Tim Allen, is that you in there? :)

Mike