• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Biloxi and New Orleans today

Started by schen, May 06, 2007, 03:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

My daughter, my inspiration to join OPR, just returned from  her second volunteering trip to Biloxi, MS.  Here are some of the pictures she took around Biloxi and New Orleans.  In her own words: "It's sad how much hasn't changed in one year, but uplifting to see how many people are there volunteering."

Katrina Memorial at Biloxi, MS

A damaged photo in the glass case of the memorial

This house did not suffer much damage as seen from the exterior, but the roof escape has not been patched.

Crumbled houses are still not been cleaned up

The tarp to make a temporary shelter is disintegrated already

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Hi Schen

You must be so proud of your daughter!  These photos put a lump in my throat.  They bring home that after all this time the areas that were hit hardest by Katrina are still trying to recover.  And it's wonderful to know that so many people are volunteering.  The damaged photo in the memorial was especially poignant, considering what we're doing. Thanks for sharing this reminder with us!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

It is terrible to see what nature can do. Hopefully Hurricane Dean won't leave areas looking like this.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, how are things near where you live, no more flooding?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

What awesome pictures...and thank you for sharing them with us...

AND guess what...finally we have rain!! Hopefully it will last all week and so heal our wounded soil...We have had trees falling over as the roots have been coming to the surface to try and find water...then of course because of the size of the trees...they have been just toppling over...So we are all praying this will last the week like they say it will...AND hope it falls in the catchment areas!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

Glad you got your rain finally Sanbie. No more flooding here Hannie, the weather has settled down again.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

It has now stopped Tess!! But there are dark clouds looming so that keeps me hopeful!! So glad your lot down there has settled down!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1