• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Southern California

Started by PhotoLauren, November 26, 2012, 12:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoLauren

My name is Lauren and I am so excited to be a part of this project.  While watching the news footage of Hurricane Sandy, I kept thinking that there must be a way for me to help people with their family memories.  I had no idea that this was already happening. It looks like there is lots of information for me to read but I am ready to get started and can't wait!
One person can make a difference...be that person. ~Wyland

Mhayes

Hi Lauren, we're grateful to have you and I think you will really enjoy being a part of OPR. We started in 2006 when Dave Ellis and Becky Sell, two journalist forThe Free Lance Star in Fredericksburg, VA saw the need to help those hit by Hurricane Katrina. From two people we have grown to a little under 3,000 and have restored, printed, and shipped home over 9,000 photos free to their owners. Between Jan 2006 and Apr 2012, we have traveled to 12 locations around the country to digitally copy photos damaged by natural disasters.

Because we are on the tail end of remaining photos, now is a great time to study up on the information before things start booming again with photos from Sandy.

Thanks for volunteering.

Margie 
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Lauren, welcome to the forum from cold Amsterdam! 
I have family in San Juan Capistrano, I sure wouldn't mind being in Southern California right now!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome Lauren! I'm sure you'll enjoy helping out with OPR, if you can force yourself indoors. Like Amsterdam, winter has descended on Minnesota. We are at 1°F (-16°C) with wind, so I'm happy to stay indoors myself. Have fun and don't forget to check in on the Forum from time to time!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge