• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newbie....

Started by mzkimb, November 28, 2012, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzkimb

Hi all... I'm Kim, from Minnesota and new to OPR.  I am excited for the opportunity to restore photos for people who have lost so much.  I did pretty good on my test photo, but looking at the galleries is pretty overwhelming - such extensive damage.   ??? I hope I am worthy....
Nice to meet you all and glad to be in your company!!!
~ Kim   :)

Pat

Just hang on we will have an abundance of photos to restore for every skill level after the first copy run for Hurricane Sandy victims.

In the meantime take some time to review past posts, check out the Navigating OPR Handbook and Techniques Handbook which can be found on the left side of your screen when you are logged into the forum.  This way when the galleries fill up you will be ready to hit the ground running.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Kim,

A warm welcome from Kansas. When we have more photos coming in from Sandy, there will be a variety of skill levels. What is happening now is that you may see a gallery where all of the photos from one family are all in bad shape. We wait till we get those down and then add more. Once you pick a photo you feel reasonably comfortable with, post your original and your WIP and we will work you through it. Another thing to keep in mind is that all of us have had photos that don't work out---tell the distributor and it will go back out and you can try another.

Once you get comfortable, you will find this both fun and rewarding.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Kim, you will right at home here!
Yes, the damage on these photos is unlike anything I have ever seen. 
On top of that some of our distributors have a grunge-machine that they use before they sent you the photo you picked.   ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]