• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Greetings from Las Vegas!

Started by Bambi, June 03, 2011, 06:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Hi everyone. Just submitted my first restore. I'm sure you all remember how great that feels. I'm also looking forward to learning from all of you. I can't believe how many talented people there are.

Although my name is Bambi and I live in Las Vegas, I have never worked in a clothing-optional occupation. Early retirement after living for 12 years in Palo Alto, working at Stanford. (Frequently saw Steve Jobs while walking my dogs).

Looking forward to becoming part of the OPR community.

Pat

Bambi welcome to OPR!  Thank you so much for deciding to join us in our restoration efforts.  I think you will find we are a lot of fun and always willing to lend friendly advice should you run into difficulty with a restoration.  The work is tremendously rewarding and a fantastic retirement activity!
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Bambi, welcome to OPR! I love your part about "never worked in a clothing-optional occupation."  :funny:  I think you will find this a very rewarding way to spent your retirement.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Bambi

Welcome to OPR from hot and sunny Florida.

I also got a charge out of your disclaimer about your name.  Many years ago I worked with a wonderful journalist named Misty Devine.  Dontcha know she got a lot of kidding.  It was her real name, and like you she'd never been in a clothing-optional line of work.

Congrats on your first restoration.  I hope there'll be many more.  If you're like me, you'll never get enough of working on restorations.  This month will mark my 5th year with OPR - I was one of the first volunteers.  It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

I hope you find much joy in helping others with your special skill as well as interacting with the awesome participants in the forum.  You won't find a better bunch, anywhere - and the great thing is they're everywhere!  A wonderful global community of pixel-pushing do-gooders. How much better can it get?

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)