• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Two issues whit this one....

Started by GP, July 26, 2010, 03:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

I always try to repair the original background, when ever possible. But this time I found it better to create a new background. Is it successful?

Also, as you can see on the before picture, the school icon on the diploma booklet looks quite damaged. Although, I found the current icon on the school's website, it does not match the one in the photo. I repaired it as good as I could. Does it look acceptable?

The picture size is 8 x 10.

Thank you for taking the time to look. Any critique, suggestions are very much appreciated.

Gerlinde

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Hannie

Hi Gerlinde,

The booklet looks amazing, can't even tell the difference with the original!
What a beautiful restore job, you are right about the background.  It seems to have clouds and blue sky?

What if you paste a layer of cyany blue and on top that a layer with "render clouds", you can lower the opacity of both layers to about 35% or whatever you think that looks good.
(I did sloppy a job on the edges)

Great restore  :up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Hi Hannie,

thank you for your input. Your background looks very nice. I was not sure about the color and had the impression, its only blue because of the bleed-out from the water damage. But the blue looks really good. I will try to replicate what you did.

Thank you so much for your help and thanks for the  :up2: on the booklet.  

:hug: Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit