• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ConnorP

Started by Cheri, March 24, 2014, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheri

Any suggestions on how to get the jeans on the bottom to look more natural?  I've multiplied from the original but any other blending modes don't look right.

Also, if you look at the original there was ink on one of the girls faces.  I know there is a way to get it out using channels but I couldn't remember how to do it, anyone have any tutorials that I can use in the future?

Here's where I'm at.

battleaxe

Hi!   Good job so far!

Here is a tutorial on this site for removing the ink etc.  It is on the forum under tutorials.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,394.0.html

For the pants,using a mask, try a curve adjustment , adjust the separate channels, lastly the RGB.
Then a hue/sat layer , adjust the red, magenta channels.

bjtx

Here's another option.  (My WIP is still in the rough stage)
First, the color sampler tool was used on the top of girl's jeans.  It seemed too lavender for jeans.  Therefore, I arbitrarily selected a color closer to a dark blue to use. ( use any preferred color tone)
- 14325b was used for a solid color adjustment layer in multiply mode. (The mask was used to apply the adjustment.)
- 14325b was used on a new layer (in multiply mode) to add more density where needed.
- a2c0e4 was used on a new layer (in  soft light or color mode, low opacity) to lighten some areas.  (This was a subjective step & you might want to skip it.)
- lastly I used some contrast to darken areas which still looked faded (with a brightness/contrast adjustment layer & using the mask for the adjustment.)
BTW - the opacity of all layers was individually adjusted as needed.

I hope the above gives you some ideas to try.

Thanks for posting your WIP.  It's looking good so far.
Betty
PS - it would be helpful to know which software & version you are using
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

bjtx

Just another suggestion for the jeans:

After color correcting the original, the color sampler tool was used on the top of the jeans, which showed 7d90a1

Next, 7d90a1 color was used in 3 different solid color adjustment layers:
1st layer was in color mode; the 2nd in multiply mode, 3rd in color burn mode  ( the mask was used for the adjustments).  The opacity on each layer was varied as needed
Next a brightness/contrast adjustment layer was used to tweak the tone of the jeans.
Last a vibrance adjustment layer was used to tone down the saturation of the blue.

Maybe something along this line (or the earlier post) will help.
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Cheri

Thanks so much for the help, I'm off to try those tips now.  I apologize, I forgot to specify my software, I'm using Photoshop CC.  When I get it done, I'll post it again to get any other thoughts.

Cheri