• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Really weird........but you need to read this.

Started by cmpentecost, April 23, 2008, 12:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

We had a woodpecker fly up to the side of the house tonight, and it started pecking away on our siding.  We tried to chase it off, and it kept coming back.  My husband was a boy scout as a kid, and he said "wait a minute....that woodpecker is telling us something in morse code".  So, we listened.........

All we could figure out was.....something is happening next week in the forum.

I don't know what it means......I'm just tellin' ya what I heard!

Christine

schen

If you have wood siding, maybe there are signs of food for the bird?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

More like a signal for Winchester and Max: "Take that you mangy furballs!" 
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pelican

Quote from: schen on April 23, 2008, 01:06:08 AM
If you have wood siding, maybe there are signs of food for the bird?

schen, schen, schen.........

Birds don't eat from the wood, they just nest in it..........

kiska

Ahhh, but woodpeckers DO eat from wood. Usually bugs in dead trees but people do put fake owls on their houses to keep the birds away.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Did the woodpecker have a funny laugh and get into lots of mischief?
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kiska

mmmmmmmmmmmm! I think it's time to get  REALLY concerned. First Chris has a problem with the hotel maid in Biloxi. And now she's talking to the birds. Dunno.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

John

Have you checked your clock?  It might have been a cuckoo. :)

Hannie

You might be right Kiska, I also think this woodpecker might spell trouble!
So what could it be next week... let's see.... in any case there will lots of new photos to be restored from Winona...mmmmmmmm  ::)  maybe a new brandnew, state of the art, automated superspotplacing machine? 

I'm asking you fellow OPR volunteers, are we going to sit back and take this?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hannie, didn't we see part of that machine sticking out from a huge snow drift in a photo that Chris posted to one of the galleries?   I'm pretty sure she said the photo was taken in her yard. She may be suffering for a severe case of the dreaded "Cabin Fever" a condition very common in cold climates where it snows way too much in the Spring.   She probably built this monster in all that spare time she has on her hands.

Mary

DougB

I think the woodpecker was trying to tell Christine where 'Waldo' is!

http://whereonearthiswaldo.wordpress.com/

Doug.

cmpentecost

Well, it's looking like all of you are as curious as I am.  I'm watching for the woodpecker to return, but I haven't seen him yet.  I will say that the woodpecker didn't have any spots on him, so perhaps that eliminates the spotting machine theory.  But again.......I dunno. 

Christine

THJacobson

Hey...
Bring it to Wisconsin with you.  Sounds like they may be getting inbred there causing a mental disorder.  Outcross maybe the only answer to correct the problem.

Tom

cmpentecost

Good idea Tom.  If I can track down the bird, I'll throw it in my suitcase (assuming it passes security), and then all of us in Winona can try and determine what this bird is trying to tell me!

Chris

Hannie

Quote from: mschonher on April 23, 2008, 10:53:08 AM
Hannie, didn't we see part of that machine sticking out from a huge snow drift in a photo that Chris posted to one of the galleries?   I'm pretty sure she said the photo was taken in her yard. She may be suffering for a severe case of the dreaded "Cabin Fever" a condition very common in cold climates where it snows way too much in the Spring.   She probably built this monster in all that spare time she has on her hands.

Mary

That's right Mary, the proof is right there in our OPR Around the World Gallery! 
Christine, no use putting up a smoke screen because we are on to you!  ;)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]