• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from northern California!

Started by Geoff with a G, June 01, 2013, 11:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff with a G

Hello OPR family!  I just joined, after hearing about this fine org from my wife.  I got started dabbling in photo restoration several years ago, when scanning and restoring my own family's photo albums so that all family members could have them.  Since then I've turned the scanning and restoration into an ongoing fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association.  I'm retired, so I have a lot of time to commit to my new "hobby".
I'm really looking forward to applying my time and evolving skills to benefit those served by OPR.

Mhayes

Welcome to OPR from Kansas. It's great to see you are putting your photo restoration skills to good use for you and your family. It is also commendable that you are using your scanning/restoration into an ongoing fundraiser for the the Alzheimer's Association. However, please remember to keep OPR separate from any of your fundraisers by using examples of your work for us for self promotion.

Thanks for joining and I think you will find the Forum is a great place to increase your skills and have fun meeting some great people.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Hi Geoff and welcome from Michigan.  I first learned about OPR after my attempts to restore family photos and slides lead me to Katrin Eismann's book Photoshop Restoration and Retouching third edition and I saw her comments regarding Operation Photo Rescue.

I hope you will enjoy working with us.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another welcome from Michigan Geoff,

I too learned about OPR from my wife (Pat above) and joined right after I retired.  So glad to have you aboard.

Mike
Mike S.

Geoff with a G

Neill

Hi Geoff,

Welcome from an another noob...virgins together...

;)

Neill