• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

2002 Photo

Started by philbach, October 23, 2022, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Hi.  Please take a look and these two and tell me what you think.  Thanks.

phil

Lynnya

Hi Phil, Good job on the damage so far.  The rectangle behind the lady looks to me like damage from another image on top of it.  If it were me I would select the curtains behind her, or select her and inverse the selection and then jump it to a new layer and use blur, motion blur with the angle straight down to make the curtains look smooth and normal.. I could try it this end and see if that works..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

It's been fun watching this young lady grow up.
Candice

philbach

Well I thought the rectangle was part of the photograph and the reflected chrome shown through the translucent curtain.  If it came from a superimposed image, her face may have been distorted.  On the original photo the top part of her dress was darkened and there was some sort of darkish discoloration in the background.  I could make the rectangle go away.   I would appreciate some opinions since I really don't know what to do with it.
phil

Lynnya

It's Sunday so folks are out and about partying and the like probably, specially Margies crowd and Kiska.. I would wait and someone will drop in and help hopefully.   ::) :funny:

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

PoiencotC  Family I guess.

phil

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

So what do you think I should do with the strange background chrome frame?
phil

Lynnya

Hi Phil, maybe what you could do is one of each and send both in? just a thought...

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

phil

Mhayes

Hi Phil, recovering from the party---I wish.  :funny:  I like what you have done and I agree with Lynna idea that the rectangle is damage on the curtain.  I would keep the chrome frame--mainly because it has the date on it. Plus, what you have done looks pretty cool.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Hi.  Here are three photos.  Original, chrome frame in and chrome removed.  I did use some of what Lynnya recommended..motion blur at 90 degrees on the chrome removed version.  Thank you everyone.  I really appreciate it.

phil

Shadow

Really nice Phil. Looking at the three photos I tried something a little different. This was fast but did small selections of the good parts of the curtain and then copied it to a new layer and moved it up over the frame and then masked in the fixes in increments. Then merged everything onto a new layer and did a little Dust Scratches to reduce a bit of the noise. Also added a layer filled with medium gray and painted her hair to darken it a bit to separate it from the curtain. See what you think. Just a little different take.