• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I need a resource photo

Started by mschonher, May 21, 2008, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Here is the photo I'm working on. It's a mess as you can see.  I'm deciding if I should even attempt the lower body portion of this one or just crop it.  I might give it a try if I could find a similar photo.  If any one has one of a baby in this position could you please post it?  I am years out of practice for this kind of drawing and I know I'd make a mess of it without something to look at. 

Mary

jneil2

Mary, it looks beautiful what you have done so far.  I wish I had your talent.

Jan

cmpentecost

Mary, you are doing an amazing job on this photo!  I would think that cropping a portion at the bottom would be fine, in order to not have to re-create too much that isn't there.  Good luck on this one!

Christine

weewood

You have done very well, Mary. I wish I had a photo to help you out.   ::)
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

GP

Hi Mary,

great restoration so far. I have a pic for you that might help you, although it is not exactly the right pose you are looking for. You will have to reverse it ( transform > flip horizontal (?)/ vertical (?). I hope it will help.
Gerlinde

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

Hi Mary.  I think she's wearing a sundress with flower-embroidered plackets on either side of the pleating in front.  As we look at her, on the left, the placket and embriodery is prominent, while on the other side, I believe it's hidden around to the side. It appears to me that her skirt is very full – even more than the one Gerlinde posted, so I'd wager that most of the bottom of the photo is skirt.  I doubt that her feet even show.

Her lips look a little fuller in the original to me, as well.  The eyes, as usual, are awesome.

The only other thing I noted, and I'm not sure about this, because channel surfing didn't verify or disclaim, but it appears to me that she's nearly bald on the sides of her head with just a few wisps across the top.

Good luck!  This is a tough one!

Hugs,

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Hi guys, Thanks for so much encouragement on this one, it always spurs me onward.  :loveit:  After I posted this photo I was looking around in the PS discussion board and found a tut on the lab mode by K Struve.  I decided to play around to see what I came up with.  I had suspected all along that the baby is wearing a sunsuit, or as we use to call them in the 70's in Ca. a "bubble"
That is exactly what I saw in the lab mode!  So I have to disagree about the dress.  I'm not to concerned about the detail of the pattern on the fabric, not yet anyway!  I'm struggling with what I see as the baby is sitting on her feet.  Yes, Curtis, you were right on!  I don't think I can get that part of the picture but at least I have gained an inch or two and can keep the feeling of the original.

Glenna I know she doesn't have much hair in the original, I'm just at the shading part of the process.  I know it looks strange as does the front arm.  I'm not at all sure I got the position of the arms right yet.

You can check the lab mode to see what you come up with and let me know.  I appreciate all findings as they might help with the final product.

Mary

weewood

Mary,,,,I did some digging and the best I've come up is http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml. You have to be a member, but many of the images are free or not more than a $1. Check it out. You can do searches without joining. 
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

mschonher

Hi David,

Thanks for the tip on that web site.  I went there and looked at the first 122 photos.  What a joy to look at those kids and babies.  It was very helpful in a few ways, it gives me some hands to look at and since I'm struggling with the background it gave me ideas on that too.  It looks like the original is on a plain background and very light in color.  I'm going to post it soon to get some feedback on that.

Thanks again..............Mary

klassylady25

No tips.  I just love watching what you come up with!!

weewood

Mary, I sent you a photo via email of my Great Granddaughter. She has arms and hands that might be helpful.   
David J. Davis

klassylady25

This one come pretty close.   :)

mschonher

Thanks Candy and David,

Every little bit of information helps me out with this one, plus I love looking at all the baby photos.  I have seen so many kids in the position that my baby is in when they are just getting ready to crawl. It's so darn cute! Well, it's back to the drawing board for me.  Thanks again guys, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.   :loveit:

Mary