• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Question - Posting Work In Progress Photos to Forum

Started by mark_webster25, May 16, 2013, 07:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark_webster25

Hello all.  I've been reading a lot of the great tutorials and tips and tricks.  Cudos for all the information.  I am also going to be slowly working on my own PDF book compilation of TIPS, Tricks and Tutorials as they sometimes seem to disappear when sites go down or links change over time.

Lemme get back on topic here though.  I've read the articles pertaining to posting WIP photos on the forums and how to get the images in the posts but unless I downright missed it I didn't come accross under which forum we should post them to.

My thought is to have a specific forum altogether for member only work in progress help.

Please point me in the right direction if I have missed the appropriate forum to post the photos in.  Thank you.

Mark
We are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and God doesn't make junk.  Live in the solution, not the problem and remember to pause and reflect before you react and deflect.

Tori803

We get so many images, and many replies to each post, that we'd probably never be able to find a specific photo again, or we'd have to scroll through thousands of replies to get to the post we wanted.

It works better to start a new post for each photo you work on. You can choose either the Easy, Moderate, or Difficult workshops if you like (according to the your photo's difficulty). Then, if every volunteer puts their thoughts on that photo in a reply to that post, we can all benefit from the work on the photo.

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi Mark,
Cudos for all the information.  I am also going to be slowly working on my own PDF book compilation of TIPS, Tricks and Tutorials as they sometimes seem to disappear when sites go down or links change over time.

I am unaware of any of our tips, trick and tutorial disappearing when the site goes down--other than everything disappears when down. There is I believe one area where you have to be logged in to find. As to missing links with photos of the WIP, well what can I say other than I try to get volunteers to not move their photos or delete them.

QuoteI've read the articles pertaining to posting WIP photos on the forums and how to get the images in the posts but unless I downright missed it I didn't come accross under which forum we should post them to.

My thought is to have a specific forum altogether for member only work in progress help.

If you go to the tab "Forum Home" it directs to different headings. Under "OPR Workshop" it is very specific as to where to post: Easy, Moderate, and Difficult. All of those are for WIP. As to a specific forum for members (volunteers) only---our forum is not open to the public to post. When you go to the Forum Home and click on a topic, it will take you there and then at the top of the page is a place where you click on "New Topic."

Hope that helps?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]