• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Biloxi Gallery

Started by glennab, April 02, 2008, 03:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi again volunteers,

I wanted to let you know that as the informal historian for the Biloxi copy run, I decided my final job should be to post comments on some of the photos in the Biloxi Gallery.  What I'd love is for my team mates to add their impressions, because you know more than you ever needed to about how the run affected my life.  It would be wonderful to get feedback from the rest of the awesome people who were part of the adventure.  Anyone????

Bless

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hi Glenna,

I just read your comments on the photos in the Biloxi Gallery, very interesting and informative.  It makes the gallery more complete and it is also great to be able to put a face to a name (bad English?).
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do this!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I agree with Hannie. Its great to get all the background on the pics. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I'll make sure we get lots of photos on the Winona copy run.  While Jan and I have met, neither one of us has met Margie, so it will be fun to meet her, and get to know her in person!

Chris

Mhayes

That's what she's saying now.  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Chris, dammit!  I want to go on this one, too, but I'd be pushing my luck at work.  They're still upset that I left them to do the Biloxi run.  All I have to say is they need to GET OVER IT!  If we have another run next year, I should have more time saved up to go.  I'd love to meet Margie, too, as well as see you and Jan again.  Are Ed and Mike T. going to be able to help you? I believe that's their turf or close to it.  I hope you guys will get plenty of photos and give a thorough run-down of how things go.  I won't be there in person, but I'll be with you in spirit!

Hugs!

Glenna

P.S. It was my pleasure to add a little commentary to the Biloxi photos.  Wish I'd thought of it sooner.  I believe that the more all of you know about what happens on the runs, the more proud you can feel about what we do.  The thank you notes give you part of the picture, but I so wish you could each experience the joy of working with other volunteers in person, as well as interacting with the wonderful people from whom we're collecting photos to restore.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Glenna,

Thanks for adding the comments to the gallery photos, it makes then much more relevant when you understand what is happening. :wnw:

max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!