• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Martin restored

Started by Fotogroep Soest Netherlands, May 04, 2013, 03:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fotogroep Soest Netherlands

One of our female Photogroup members restored the photo below, which I think she did it very well.

Original:

Restored:

bjtx

Thanks for sharing.  Is she one of our OPR volunteers?
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

We have a local photography group with 200 members in Soest, The Netherlands. I've volunteered OPR on behalf of our group and I place photo's for restoration on a regular base in our forum. This is the latest result.

Mhayes

Hi Fotogroep,

We appreciate your spreading the word about OPR, but it would be better if those in your group of 200 members were to do it as OPR volunteers. When a family brings in their photos they sign a release form that grants OPR exclusive rights to work on their photos. That is why when I get request from groups that want to use our photos on their website as a contest to see who can do the best restoration--I refuse every time. I never want the families to see photos of their love ones circulating on the Internet by those with no connection to OPR. If any of your photo club would like to volunteer, we would love to have them, but do not send out our photos for others to work that are have no connection to us. I appreciate both of your efforts, but this is not how to do it.

As to the restoration it is a good start. However, once a color correction is done you will notice that the child's hand is resting on his knee and there is no toy (do not add what is not there). I also think the child's leg and bootie extend to the edge of the paper--yes, no detail, but a hint will do. Overall the restore is pleasing and I see where there is attempt to show lighting coming from your left which makes it look like a spot light. Also, the bottom of the photo, especially the hand, shoes, and toy have a weird glow.

Appreciate your help, but next time show us your work or have that person as an OPR volunteer post their work.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dear Mhayes,

Ok, that's fine to me. Then I will keep spreading the word and ask our individual members to join as OPR volunteer directly with your organisation. I did not understand this regulation very clearly, but now I do. Thanks for your explanation and I hope some of our members will join OPR ASAP.

Regards,

Ron

Mhayes

Hi Ron,

No harm done and I hate to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for helping, but we have to be careful that the photos stay within OPR. Tell your members we would love to have them join and this way they too can join in on the Forum.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]