• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Everybody smile

Started by Shadow, February 08, 2017, 10:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi there. Another from the party. Lynn's tip (from another pic) about sampling the color and painting on a new layer worked wonders on the grungy damage on the faces. (Sampled the clear area and then painted over grunge.) See anything that needs attention? Thanks all.

Lynnya

Lookin good Lyn :up: noticing a little bit of splotchyness (is that a technical word?) on the suits but not sure if it can be any better.. faces look great - it's one of those where you could take it further and ruin it... like I often do :funny: Nice job..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks girl. Splotchyness is a fine technical word. Meriam Webster probably has it in the same dictionary where Hannie and Margie submitted the term mucker upper  :funny: (See http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1cNt-BGIml6jTuX,DAtQB0&action=search2). Will work on the suits. On the faces, were you peeking in my trash bin?! Did take it way too far and luckily had all that on separate layers ... it was easy to take it back some. Really like your painting tip. Lots of control over the  tweak that way.  :up:

Lynnya

I'm sure you'll end up with a fine fine job as you always do Shadow :loveit: by the way... are you using the "clipping mask" when you do your paint job.. it's my new fav thing from Phlearn that clipping mask.. use it all the time now.. makes life so much easier... Look forward to seeing your final.

Shadow

Did some more healing and painting on some of the suits. Are the splotchies a bit less obvious? Any one see anything else?   

Lynnya

Much better Lyn.. :up: I find these images rather stark.. don't know what I'd do about it but I've avoided them.. I find with splotches on clothes .. specially trousers or curtains etc.. it you select the garment and then blur-motion blur a bit it smooths it out some.. Tess taught me that with hair that had splotches in it.. just make the angle of the blur go in the direction you want..
Hope you don't mind.. I ran it through my Imageomic software just to see what happened.. this was the result..I masked out the filter from their faces to keep detail.. your thoughts?

Shadow

Do not mind a bit Lynn.  Welcome your input and appreciate your time and efforts!  :loveit:
I like the improvement from your filter. Is that filter a noise reduction filter?

Lynnya

Yes.. I've tried a couple of different ones and really like this one.. Topaz labs have one too but I think this one is better... much less destructive..
I get the Noiseware standard (the least expensive I can find) You might want to try a free trial.. It's right there in my filter library in photoshop.. actually change that... the standard is not there any more (shows how long I've had it) so it's just the regular noiseware  noise removal...

http://imagenomic.com/

Shadow

So, maybe this one works better? (Used noise red / masked out faces etc. and found some more to do on a couple of faces. Will look into a trial for the nr. Thanks  :)