• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lots to the imagination

Started by philbach, November 18, 2012, 07:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Well I had no idea what was going on on the right side of this photo. The enclosed is what I came up with.  Let me know what you think and thanks.  :wnw:

phil

kiska

Ya done good! Just wondering if that's some kind of short gown over a black skirt?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Good Point Kiska.  The artifact comes right across that area.  I guessed it wasn't. 
phil

schen

Phil,

You did a great job.

I don't think there is a short gown in the academic regalia.  The part on the back is the hood, which is black with a wide color velvet rim outside and color satin linings inside.  The color of the velvet trim represents the discipline or degree.  I am guessing that this is white which represents literary art or English.   When wearing the hood, the colorful inside is folded out to be visible.  The colors of the lining are the school color. 

I tried to outline the hood.  Not quite sure about the right of the bottom.  The darker part below the left hand side of the hood is the shadow of the hood.  Hope this helps.

Shujen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

philbach

It does help Schen.  It prompted me to google "Graduation Gowns" to see what came up.  What came up where numerous styles including what you outlined for us.  After looking at the original again, I think the gown is in two parts similar to what you outlined in green.  I'll finish up with that.
Thanks

:wnw:  
phil