• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Howdy!

Started by ohfer, October 12, 2011, 01:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfer

Brand new volunteer here, and I'm ridiculously excited about it!  :D

My name is Lynette. I've been doing photo restoration as a hobby for around 10 years. It's so much fun seeing the disbelieving expressions on people's faces when I give them their restored photos. It's humbling to be able to give people that kind of joy.

I have worked in many different industries, mainly in desktop publishing and word processing. I am currently working for a large mortgage company homeowner insurance processing center. This brings it full circle--at work I make sure people's insurance is correctly updated on their mortgages, pay premiums, straighten out any problems, etc., and now the privilege of participating in OPR means I not only help people with their insurance, but I can help them with something insurance doesn't cover.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys, and I know I will learn a lot from you!

Pat

Welcome, Lynette!  

Your long standing hobby of photo restoration will certainly give you a leg up around here and we are so happy to have you join us in our efforts.  Be sure to post your original damaged photo along with your work in progress in the forum should you find yourself in need of advice.  We are a friendly group always ready with tips and tricks for those really tough restores.

Hope to see more of you on the forum.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

A warm welcome Lynette,

We are very pleased to have you aboard.  We have photos to restore from the Stark County Ohio flood and more to come from Joplin, MO.  It is a very satisfying feeling to know someone will treasure the restored photos.

Thank you for joining,

Mike
Mike S.

Hannie

Hi Lynette and a warm welcome from cold and rainy Amsterdam!

If you like photo restoration you will feel right at home here.  You have an impressive background and I'm sure you will like working with us. 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Hi, Lynette:

We're so glad to welcome you to OPR. It's a great group. Look forward to seeing your first restoration on the Forum. Members are very generous in sharing tips and techniques, and very gentle in their constructive critiques. I've learned so much reading all the posts in Forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy OPR.

Bambi

Johnboy

Welcome Lynette from Hamilton, Ohio. I think I should know where West Milton is but that doesn't make any difference in what we do. I am sure your experience will do you well. I assume you have looked in the galleries and if that didn't scare you off then you are good to go. Have fun and feel free to post your original and any progress or the finished version. I find it interesting to find who takes the really bad ones and what they look like when they are done.

You will also notice that we will rib each other from time to time on the forum. I'll probably hear about this one later.

Johnboy

Mhayes

Hi Lynette from Kansas. Your hobby is about to take on a whole new life. Right now the galleries have some easy restores, but wait till we release the ones from Joplin. OK, their not all that bad, but there are some real challenges. Hope to see more of you on the forum and if you have a sense of humor, you will love it here.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

ohfer

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Margie, my sense of humor is normally described as "warped", for what that's worth.  ;D

Johnboy, West Milton is about 15 miles north of Dayton, so we're not too far away from you.

I am mostly self-taught in Photoshop, but I have a lot of patience and am willing to take as much time as necessary to get the best possible result.  I am really looking forward to learning better and more efficient ways to do things. From what I've seen on the forum I know I'm in the right place to do it.

I've downloaded my first photo and will be starting it today. I'm really looking forward to this!

Johnboy

Lynette,

I knew that town sounded familiar. Since I don't watch Dayton TV any more I lost my sense of direction. I think many of us are self taught in Photoshop. I know I am. I started through Katrin Eismann's Photoshop Restoration & Retouching  a couple years ago but got side tracked with some health issues and other projects. Working on her tutorials really helps the confidence factor. Look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi Lynette

A very warm (still running air conditioning) welcome from central Florida.  It's so wonderful to have people joining us with so much enthusiasm.  If you're like me, and I'm one of the longest surviving members (that's worthy of a medal with this crazy bunch, believe me, especially when one is as shy and quiet as I am), you'll find this one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.  Joining OPR was one of the best things I've ever done for myself, even though I really didn't do it for me - it was for the people who have lost so much of their history.

Every once in a while I go to our home page and watch the weather channel video, have a good cry and remind myself why what we do is so important.  I'm too old to help repair homes or shovel debris, but I can push pixels with the best of 'em, and I love that job!

I look forward to seeing you post on the forum, and I'm so glad you've joined us.

Bless.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)