• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help PleaseH

Started by PaulD, January 21, 2009, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulD

Hi
I am not sure how to go about this restoration. The only thing I can think of is using the patch tool on the sides of the photo. Is there a better way?

Thank You

Paul

Hannie

Hi Paul,

I would start by doing a levels adjustment layer in the separate R, G and B channels as described in the OPR Handbook.

There really isn't a "best"method to repair this damage, if you are handy with the patch tool you should use it.  I'm hopeless with that tool so I would rather clone from the area next to it.  I always clone at an opacity a little lower than 100% and after that I sometimes use the healing or spothealing tool to make it all look seamless.

Hope this helps,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Quote from: Hannie on January 21, 2009, 04:07:37 PM

I always clone at an opacity a little lower than 100% and after that I sometimes use the healing or spothealing tool to make it all look seamless.

I'm a clod with the clone stamp and tend to do a lot of cut, paste, and hide the seam.   It's interesting how we all go about things differently to the same end!

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

Hi Paul,

I like using either the lasso or the margee tool and making a selection of a good useable area and then putting that selection on its own layer. This would be easy where you want to extend the window and curtains on up. From there you can move it into place and also transform to fit better. By having it on its own layer will also allow you to use a layer mask and mask out area you don't want. When finished, I will then merge that layer down. Do this on a duplicate layer of your background. The patch tool will help you to blend any seams you might have.

I think the plant on the side will be easier with the clone tool.

Hannie, that's a great tip about the clone tool.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PaulD

Hi
This is what I have done so far.
I am not sure what to do about the writing in the bottom corner,  any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

PaulD

Hi
Sorry posted the wrong photo.

Thanks

Paul

cmpentecost

IMHO, I'd take it out, since most of the logo is missing anyway.  Check with the coordinators.

Christine

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]