• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Baby

Started by Charlene5, December 04, 2007, 10:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

I'm struggling with this one.  Before I started I received permission from Chris to <gasp> turn this one into a vignette because there was so little of the original left.  I had a grand time trying to find the damaged side of the baby's face and it still doesn't look right to me.  Could I ask you again to please look? 

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

cmpentecost

Looks good to me MJ!

Chris

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

MJ, that looks amazing :up:considering what you started with you've managed to pull out a lovely photo.
I'd tone the eyes down just a little bit to fade into the face a bit more.But that's just my 2 cents :)

Mhayes

MJ, Great job! I agree with Ratz on toning down the eyes slightly.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

MJ, that looks great!  I think only the eye on our left needs to be softened, the other one looks good to me.

:up:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Great work MJ. :wnw:

My only pick, I think the arm crease goes too high on his right side, other than that a Class "A" job.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

schen

MJ,

Great job on such a difficult one.

My first impression was that the eyes were a little more "stand-out" especially the right eye (his right).  You might want to reduce the contrast of them.
You might want to give his right shoulder a bit more slant to match the left one.
If you burn a little on the right (your right) side of the chain, it might eliminate that ridge impression.
The nipples to the top of the shoulder should be about the length of the head.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

Got up this morning and reworked the baby incorporating your excellent comments.  Schen, I have to disagree with you on the nipple question.  (What an amazing sentence!)  I have the position buried in the murk of the original and I put them back just where they were.   Here is the revised version and I'm off to send him home.

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

schen

MJ, I stood in front of the mirror and made the measurement.  The point where the shoulder meets the neck is halfway between the top of the head and the nipples.  Maybe mine were misplaced.  Maybe the gravity took hold of them through the years  :funny:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

Dear Schen,

Thank you for going to such heroic lengths in search of nipple placement  I, too, have found many of my bits heading south.  Hmm.  I wonder if the Aussies have something to do with it??

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

You guys are too much!  :funny: :funny: :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

We Aussies have our own gravity problems!!!!!!
By the way, your baby looks great Mj.

Hannie

Looking great MJ, nipples and all!  ;)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]