• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinion needed

Started by schen, September 28, 2007, 12:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

The bright white fabric and the dark background made it very difficult to adjust the brightness and contrast.  She is wearing a hat and there seemed to be a framed picture in the background.  I tried to brighten the hat and the hair, but they turned grainy.and unnatural.  Should I leave it as is?

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

Can any more detail be brought out around the head?  Or did the damage do that in?  Other than that you've done a great work on this.

Candy

Charlene5

I ran her through Shadow/Highlight with the Shadow slider shoved all the way to the right.  It does bring up some detail but it also screws up your nice background :)

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

schen

That looks much better than I can do.  I can always patch up the dark background again.  But I don't find shadow/highlight. 
Shujen Chen

Charlene5

I see you're using PS 7 and I'm on CS2.  Shadow/Highlight is in the Image/Adjustments menu for me.
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Ausimax

I don't think PS 7 has Shadow/Highlight it came in with either CS or CS2.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Chen, too bad you don't have shadow/highlight adjustment.  You could have the same effect by selecting the parts that need more detail and use curves or levels only in your selection.
Great clean up, really nice picture!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Schen, I can see the hat in you restoration its faint but there, maybe if you just added a bit of highlight to the edge of the brim and the top edge of the crown, with the colour of the background you can only allude to the hat.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

How about trying this:  Mask the area that you want to work with so that you do not change the girls face and then use your history brush set at screen (about 75%) to bring out the hat.  Add a bit of color from her suit and texture.  As you said you can redo the background.

Candice

schen

Thanks to Charlene's help.  I overlaid her enhancement over mine and masked out everything but the hat and the hair.

Shujen Chen

sanbie

paintshop pro X1

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Charlene5

She looks quite brilliant!
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Perfect job. I just realised she's wearing the same hat as one I'm doing.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]