• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What song are you listening to right now?

Started by Kenny, October 04, 2006, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey by Wings  :up:

*sings falsetto "haaaandddsss across the waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"  :funny:  Ok, that's enough of that, my dogs just ran and hid  :funny:

But why is the rum gone?

Dave

Not listening to it right now, but I've had Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" stuck in my head since their performance at the New Orleans Saints - Atlanta Falcons game more than a week ago.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I just bought the new Ray Charles CD yesterday, titled "Ray Sings, Basie Swings".  This is what I am currently listening to, and it's a great CD!

Christine

glennab

Jason Mraz -- Sleep All Day

Headphones and an I-Tunes favorites playlist - doesn't get any better than that!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

No music, only talk-back radio at the moment, not that I am listening, its just going in the background.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

milanab

Quote from: Kenny on October 04, 2006, 11:03:14 AM
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey by Wings  :up:

*sings falsetto "haaaandddsss across the waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"  :funny:  Ok, that's enough of that, my dogs just ran and hid  :funny:

oh man now it is stuck in my head :knuppel:
without faith...there is no hope

glennab

A quick addendum.  If any of you are John Mayer fans, his new CD Continuum is THE BEST.  Bluesy and intelligent.  I've listened to it when doing my restorations -- and at work -- constantly for at least 2 weeks and am still not tired of it.  One of the songs was featured on a recent CSI NV, so I rushed out and got it, as I'm a major admirer of  this young talent.  He's amazing.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

I'll have to check that out. I like John Mayer.

On a side note, I notice you're now a Senior Member, Glenna. Do I have to salute you now? :P

Kenny  :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Kenny -- are you kidding!  I appreciate being called a Senior Member -- but I think what it really means is that I'm verbose and opinionated as well as always willing to throw in my two cents in an attempt to be helpful.  Definitely not news to anyone who knows me.

If you salute, I'll blush (not a pretty sight)!

GG

P.S. I also discovered an older CD of John Mayer's that has wonderful acoustic versions of some of his hits -- more up close and personal.  It's called "Inside Wants Out".  Great stuff.

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kjohnson

You may find this site interesting - for music.  Its an interesting collection of music from live performances that put on by Bill Graham.

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

John

Have you guys ever heard of Pandora?  It's a website that will provide you with a stream of music based on your favorite artists, etc.

It's pretty neat: www.pandora.com

kiska

Otis Redding............that'll age me. ^-^
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi!

I'm not sick of John Mayer yet, but I discovered an incredible cd called The Dana Owens Album by Queen Latifa. (Dana Owens is her real name, go figure!)  Anyway, I've always dismissed her as a hip-hop/rap artist and that's not my thing.  The Dana Owens offering is some of the best jazz vocalization I've heard in a while. Check it out jazz fans!

Another interesting new cd is by Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris, I believe called All The Roads Running.  Good stuff!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kjohnson

Thanks John for the pandora link! Learn something new everyday.

cmpentecost

I have about worn out my Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris cd.  My sister gave it to me for my birthday in July, and I listen to it constantly.  It's a great CD.

I'll have to check out the Dana Owens (Queen Latifa CD).  I didn't know she did other stuff besides the hip-hop/rap either.  I know from watching the movie Chicago she has a great voice.

Christine