• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Please Eyeball the Mustache Man

Started by Charlene5, December 04, 2007, 12:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

I enjoyed this one.  It was originally a black and white but I did it as a sepia because the one that came to me had aged that way.  I was puzzled about the backdrop that appeared to be cloth or canvas as well as the plate thing behind Mom.  The only thing I could think of that looked like that is a state seal.  This is a Coffeyville picture so I first checked the date for Kansas statehood - 1861.  Coffeyville is just a spit over the border from Oklahoma and their statehood date is 1907.  1907 fits the the style of their clothes, so perhaps it was a traveling photographer who came around that year or shortly thereafter?  I dunno.  I like to figure out the how and why of pictures.  Keeps me from mugging old ladies on the street and snatching their handbags.

I digress.  Please eyeball the happy family and offer kind criticism - and no, Margie I will not measure anything whatsoever  :funny:

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

klassylady25

when one is overlaid on the other, this is what I see.  I marked it by guides and then erased where the guides were and this is what I get.   My 1 penny.  C

Mhayes

MJ, that is interesting about the seal. I think the picture is looking good. You might want to add a little more shading out from the father's eye (between the eyebrow and the corners of the eye) on your left. Maybe it is just from the cleanup, but the mother's eyes look like they are staring upward, whereas before they looked like they were staring straight ahead. This may be an allusion. Her hair looks a lot better. Before it almost looked like she was wearing curlers.

Margie

PS I think Candice started the measuring; I merely jumped on ship late in the game. ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]