• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ShepherdB21_4 Review

Started by Rbm, August 23, 2012, 04:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbm

Greetings,

This image came from Bambi's gallery.  For a wedding photo it is kind of small.  Only 4.5 x 4.5 inches.

What else can I do to complete this restore?

Thanks,
Richard

jaytrumpet

Richard,

That is an AWESOME job! How did you recreate the pews so well? Did you use additional source material?

Jay

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job on the restore. The only thing I noticed is there appears to be a rusty colour carpet under their feet in the original. A few of the others also show the same colour carpet.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Rbm

Hey Jay,

I mostly just copied the good parts of the pews and placed that over the damaged parts and then made some minor changes to the copies so they didn't look like copies.  I didn't have any reference sources for this image.

Hi Tess,

I was not sure of the carpet color so that's why I went to the neutral gray color.  I will change that to have a rusty color tint.

Thanks,
Richard

Jonas.Wendorf

On my (uncalibrated) laptop monitor it looks like the shadows are a little purple which could be easily removed by adding some green to them.
Also the suites of the gentleman in the background seem to be one solid patch of color, maybe a little dodge & burn could help give it a more three dimensional look?

Otherwise amazing job :)!
Best regards,
Jonas

glennab

Richard, you did a masterful job on this restoration.  I looked at these wedding photos in the gallery a number of times and wondered how anyone could possibly make them look decent again.  Kudos to you for accomplishing exactly that!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jaytrumpet

Quote from: Rbm on August 24, 2012, 09:48:07 AM
Hey Jay,

I mostly just copied the good parts of the pews and placed that over the damaged parts and then made some minor changes to the copies so they didn't look like copies.  I didn't have any reference sources for this image.

Richard,

It doesn't look like there are any "good parts" in that photo as far as the sides of the pews go. I am still baffled as to how you made them look so good!

Jay

Rbm

Greetings,

This new version includes all the suggested changes.

Thank you for all the helpful comments

Richard