• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Soggy Seattle

Started by JohnnyE, December 30, 2008, 06:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyE

Hello, OPR Community.

My first post is simply to say hello. I was reading December Photoshop User magazine last night and stumbled on a small note about OPR. So I grabbed my laptop and looked up this site and immediately felt like this is where I needed to be.

I'm a software engineer by profession, and a photoshop geek by hobby. The day job doesn't yield a lot of free time, but what I do have often gets soaked up by late night pixel pushing. I'm excited to put my hobby to good use to help others. And a bit selfishly, I hope to learn from you all and improve my skills in the process.  ;)

Wish me luck on my first restoration.

John

Mhayes

Hi John, welcome from breezy Kansas, but not soggy! I bet you will be glad to see the end of the snow and the melting that comes afterwards.

We are happy to see all you NAPP members and I think you will find this a fun way to spend your free time. Some of our photos are more fun than others to work on and you have made your 1st choice a more difficult one. Feel free to post your photo and we will be happy to help you. Sign up with Photobucket, ImageShack, or Picasas, if you need a way to link your photo to the forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome John from sunny Tasmania. Glad you could join us and good luck with your first restoration.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi John

Welcome from Florida.

From your introductory post, I'd be willing to bet you'll have a lot to offer OPR.  I can also pretty much guarantee that you'll love being part of this global community of pixel pushers, and you'll learn more than you could imagine, even if you've done "regular" restorations.

If you haven't received your first image yet, repeat after me: "It didn't look THAT BAD in the gallery;"  and "WHAT WAS I THINKING?" and "HELP ME, PLEASE."  I believe if we took a count of those statements on the forum since its inception, they'd outnumber any other verbiage herein! 

However... expect to become addicted.  It's a wonderful use to which to put your Photoshop expertise.  And having been lucky enough to meet some of the folks for whom we're restoring photos, I can tell you that they appreciate our efforts to the utmost.  It makes what we do so rewarding!

I'm glad you've joined us!

Bless,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

JohnnyE

Quote from: glennab on December 30, 2008, 08:49:06 PM
"It didn't look THAT BAD in the gallery;"  and "WHAT WAS I THINKING?" and "HELP ME, PLEASE."

Wow, I thought I only said that in my inner voice, but I guess you heard me, as you quote nearly verbatim. ;)  Yes, my first assignment looks challenging, but I'll do my best and plead for help once I get stuck.

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome.

Hannie

Hi John and welcome to the forum from Amsterdam!  Looking forward to seeing you post your first OPR restore.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]