• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Soldier

Started by Candice, July 12, 2012, 08:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Looking good! This appears to be hand colored and I think the background may be the way it was colored. The thing that catches my eye is his mouth and nose. His mouth is slightly open and the fullness of his bottom lip would be a little more centered. Here's a B/W that show it better. On the original you will see the highlights on his nose and the shadows on the side. I would keep that detail. To me his nose is almost round on the tip and I would keep the shading of the original.

Very nice cleanup.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Thanks... I have a ways to go and yep, there are several things to do.  I thought I'd share, if for no other reason, so you know I'm still breathing...  ::)
Candice

kiska

Also, his ear lobe seems much fatter in the original.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

Candice

kiska

Just a rough outline where the restore might be a little off.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

Thanks Kiska.  I've done a great many military and that's why I said this wasn't the finished product.  Uniform is least of the works at this point.  It's the balance on his face with shadowing etc.   Back to the drawing board...  ;)

Candice

Hannie

Candy, you could get a little more definition by adding some shade around the chin area, the original wasn't all that crisp to start with.  For the yellow haze you can move the right blue slider in some in a Levels adjustment layer.
The light spots on the left side of his mouth can be cloned (low opacity) from the good area to make it match better with the rest of his facial color.
I like Kiska's adjustments of the mouth, cap and shirt.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice