• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How should I reconstruct the fingers?

Started by Kmayne, November 28, 2012, 06:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmayne

Just coming up to finishing my second one, but after a few attempts on fixing these fingers, I thought it was time to ask for advice.

Here's the original:

Here it is after the first round of colour correction:

Here it is without the fingers:

Any suggestions for improvements or advice for the finger reconstruction are welcome.

P.S. I am planning to add some of the hair detail back as well as take another look at making the other hand more like the original.

ph0t0sh0pp3r

Maybe you can use the fingers from the other hand?
"If you can imagine something, you can probably create it in Photoshop."

Mike S.

Hello KMayne,

Nice to see you on the Forum.
You might want to use the quick select tool to select the little finger from the other hand then do a layer via copy then transform and trim in place.  Below is a rough try at it.

Mike
Mike S.

Chris Lee

Nice recovery on this although I would have perhaps replaced the child's right hand like so:

To get scale, I placed the new hand over the viewable hand and scaled it to match from the wrist to finger tip.

This is just a suggestion and by no means am I criticising anyone's work. You have done a great job with this.

Kmayne

I ended up going back to a failed attempt and fixing it up. Here is the result:

I believe I did copy the finger from the undamaged hand. I've also improved the chin slightly and replaced the backdrop but I am unsure which to use. Here is the alternate:

Is there anything else I could do to improve it or should I submit it as is?

Hannie

Both of them look good to me!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jesterjeni

looks good!
sometime we pick at a picture because we know what we feel is flawed. the face is restoed beautifully, no one will notice the hands...you did a great job!!!