• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Capriccio's Difficult Workshop - Updated 7/16/06

Started by capriccio, July 01, 2006, 07:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

And I have to ask this just as a sanity check... are you sure those aren't freckles on the original vs. damage?

I can't really tell on the lo-res version, but it looks like they could be.

Just asking.  :)

Rob Accomando

It looks like the plastic covering stuck to her face created small air pockets.

Looks great now.

John

Quote from: Rob Accomando on July 03, 2006, 10:30:51 AM
It looks like the plastic covering stuck to her face created small air pockets.

Looks great now.

It does, indeed!

capriccio

Quote from: siteadmin on July 03, 2006, 09:26:51 AM
And I have to ask this just as a sanity check... are you sure those aren't freckles on the original vs. damage?

I know - I agonized over that. The spots only appear on the discolored patch (the lighter part sharply marked on her face) and are pretty spread pretty evenly all over that patch. There aren't any spots or "freckles" anywhere outside that patch. Plus a lot of those spots inside the patch are pretty big for a 2 or 3 year old girl. I'm pretty sure they aren't freckles. :)

(Just also adding, I come from a long line of blonde haired/blue eyed girls raised in the sunny south. The only freckles I've ever seen like those were on kids with red hair, not blonde.)

John

Quote from: capriccio on July 03, 2006, 11:51:13 AM
Quote from: siteadmin on July 03, 2006, 09:26:51 AM

I know - I agonized over that. The spots only appear on the discolored patch (the lighter part sharply marked on her face) and are pretty spread pretty evenly all over that patch. There aren't any spots or "freckles" anywhere outside that patch. Plus a lot of those spots inside the patch are pretty big for a 2 or 3 year old girl. I'm pretty sure they aren't freckles. :)

(Just also adding, I come from a long line of blonde haired/blue eyed girls raised in the sunny south. The only freckles I've ever seen like those were on kids with red hair, not blonde.)

and as a single male with no children, I'll defer to your expertise!  ;D

Seriously, though, nice job on this one.  It looks great.

chazcron

Nice teamwork people. Really nice finished product, Cap!

Ziaphra

This is excellent work capriccio! :)

capriccio

There wasn't much background information to work with, but I tried to bring out the details in the pews and people in the background.

capriccio

I used the nose and mouth from the previous photo (same wedding). This was time consuming! Took me about 10 hours, on and off, over the past week. Whew!

pcraft

I know how time consuming this work can be Capriccio...  I've put in about the same amount of time on the last photo I got and it seems I still have another 4 or 5 hours work to do on it...  lol

Great work by the way!!!    :up:

capriccio

FYI, these girls are the same as the ones in the pic in the first post of this thread (blonde toddler and baby). This was neat to work on!

I had to borrow some maryjanes from google for the youngest girl and used the stockings from the middle girl to clone in some socks.

capriccio

capriccio

Thanks Ziaphra!

After uploading it here, it finally hit me that the cloth on the bottom right wasn't a floor covering, but the train of the gown. Seems so obvious now, but I missed it! Here's an updated version with the train lightened to match the dress.

Carol

Hi Capriccio,

Just one little thing:  The gentleman's shirt and gloves of girl on right look very yellow.  I think they should be white.  Glad you picked up on the train.  Looks much better!

Carol
Carol

www.pixelbypixel.com.au
www.littlecritters.com.au