• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mother and Daughter

Started by klassylady25, November 29, 2007, 11:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

This was such a joy to work on after some of my projects and well worth the sharing. 

Ratz

Candy, that is beautiful!
It is a real treat when the subject matter is so perfect and not too damaged.
You've done a wonderful job :-*

klassylady25

Thanks girlfriend.  You said a mouthful!!   :hug:

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful job Candy. :up2:  Weren't the hairstyles beautiful back then, lots of curls. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Beautiful Candy. This was my favorite of the first bunch. The only thing I wasn't sure about was whether this was a black and white photo that turned yellow with age or if it was sepia toned in the beginning.

Margie 
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Yes Candy, that is a lovely photo and almost all people looked so good in those days, hair, clothes and all!  You did a terrific job!
Sepia tone sometimes can add a bit of softness to a photo where black and white looks a bit harsher.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Hannie, I know that a lot of people just love sepie, yet I find I'm on the other end of the scale. I enjoy black and white. There is something that is pristine about it.  Fresh. I suppose its the way I look at things. However, I did send it home so it's back in Margie's hands and she may add a bit of sepia to it before she sends it home . 

I will say this about the picture;  when I ran "levels" it bordered between whiteish back ground and brownish subjects, I chose the blue channel because that brought out the least damage and when I overlaid it on the original it made a much cleaner picture so I stayed with that. 

cmpentecost

Looks good Candy!

My guess, based on the apparent age of the photo, is that the original is black and white and that it turned sepia color with age.  Some people are partial to black and white, some are partial to sepia.  I think it's a personal call.  I've usually asked the volunteer to submit one of each, and QC will either choose, or submit them both for printing and let the family decide.

Chris