• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Can anyone make this lettering out?

Started by mschonher, September 28, 2008, 08:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Hi everybody, I'd like to finish this photo but I cannot make out the photography studio's name at the bottom right.  Can any of you see it clearly?  Thanks........ :hug:

Mary

weewood

Mary,,,,The bottom line looks like "JEFFERSON, MINN", and I think the second word on the diagonal line looks like "Studio", but I can't make out the other name. Sorry, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

weewood

Mary,,,,The diagonal line has 3 words, I don't know what the first word is, but it looks like it starts with an "M" and is 4 characters long, the second word is "Art", and the third word is "Studio". I did a Google search for Art Studios in Jefferson, Minnesota, but did not get any hits that started with an "M". Sorry, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Tess (Tassie D)

The bottom line is definitely Peterson Minn. After googling I came up with a possibility that fits.

Moen, Carl Robert
Place of Birth: Arendahl Township, Minnesota

Date of Birth: August 19, 1878

Studio: Moen's Art Studio

Locations: Address: Peterson, Minnesota
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

I can see the Peterson, too.

and the Moen.... good job!! 

mitzs

That looks like peterson minn to me not jefferson. Sigh, I missed my desktop and and my good monitor.

glennab

Mary, I played and played, and I can verify that the bottom words are PETERSON, MINN

The name of the art studio begins with an M and it appears that there's an apostrophe at the end, but that was all I could pull up for sure.  So it's M---'(s?) Art Studio.  What a bear.  Sorry I couldn't help more.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

weewood

My mistake, I do think it looks like "PETERSON, MINN". Nice catch Tassie. Regards, David 
David J. Davis

mitzs

Quote from: Tassie D on September 28, 2008, 09:26:06 PM
The bottom line is definitely Peterson Minn. After googling I came up with a possibility that fits.

Moen, Carl Robert
Place of Birth: Arendahl Township, Minnesota

Date of Birth: August 19, 1878

Studio: Moen's Art Studio

Nice find Tassie. Good Job! :up:
Locations: Address: Peterson, Minnesota

Hannie

Tassie D, our residential Private Eye!   :up2:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to find this information.  I would never have though about googling it.  Tassie, you are a genius!  Now I just have to figure out how to paint the letters in........UGH!

Mary   :hug:   

mschonher

Hi everyone, I'm still having trouble seeing the photographers logo clear enough to restore it.  If anyone has any tips or ideas please let me know otherwise I'm just going to leave the darn thing off.

mary

schen

Mary,

I took a close look and believe the lettering was raised letter imprint and the lighter color came from the mud.  Personally, I don't feel it is important to keep it.  If you like, you may paste this on to it.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

mschonher

Thanks so much Shujen but if you really don't think it's important I have 6 other photos to finish along with this one and I'll skip it.

Mary

klassylady25

Mary, you're just looking for a way out!  LOL 

Hugs,
Candy

(just kiddin)