• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

what is that word... oh ya help! hehe

Started by Miz Cozma, January 25, 2008, 07:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miz Cozma

Ok took a couple days off this cutie...got a bit frustrating hehe
but due to great feedback, helpful hints, and so much encouragement
I got back to it and this is what I have now

I found hands that I think might work, basic idea on the knees.. but since we can't see them much
I guessed something close would do..hoping hehehe

Hannie

Hi Miz,

I think the hands turned out really well, it looks great!  :up2:
I would like some of the lines to be a bit softer to match the softness of the face.  I also add a little bit of shading.

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Miz Cozma

thank Hannie :)

I will add the shading, but how did you soften the hands, just a bit of bluring?

what did you do??? heheheh

:)

Hannie

Miz, I added a little shadow between the fingers and on the side of the hands and then used a slight blur all around the outlines.

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Miz, this is coming along beautifully!  When I first looked at the hand, I counted the fingers because it was almost looking like 6 fingers.  Of course, there are only 5!  Then I realized what it might be.  The fingers look too long for the hand.  If I measure the top of my hand, it's the same length as the fingers.  Perhaps shorted the fingers a bit at the base, and make that part of the hand itself.  Am I making sense?  I guess using my biology, the carpals and metacarpals should be of similar length.  Hope this helps!

Christine

Miz Cozma

hey :)  I think the thing with the hand, is the angle, much of the top is bend down so can't see it
I will try both thoughts and see what happens

any other thoughts of what is needed to be ready to go home, besides shading the arms and fixing the fingers

cmpentecost

Yup..your right Miz.  His hand would be bent a little bit, so perhaps a bit of shading to give it a contour.  I can't think of any other suggestions.  You did an absolutely amazing job on a next to impossible photo.

Chris

Ratz

Miz Cozma

Thanks all :)

I will do those last fixed this weekend. Sorry for taking more then a week on it.
It was harder then it looked when small hehe  and had to take a couple days away from it, to like it again! :)

but this weekend this cutie will be ready to go :)

next .. i will grab a bunch of light ones!!!!   

thanks again for the support and feedback on this one

Miz Cozma

ok we got shadows, we got the skin cleared up more
and I am hoping soon hehe ready to go home :)

this has been fun but longing for some good old color correction for a bit now
heheh

what do we think

schen

Oh no.  He sees shadows.  Six more weeks of winter.

I agree with Hannie that soften some of the lines will make the whole picture more coherent.  Other than that, it looks great.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Miz Cozma

hey :)  can you do that fun circling thing to show me which lines need softening

I thought I softened them up but guess not enough

if you would ..please :)

:loveit:

Miz Cozma

Ok look above and you will see...softer edges, less bright shirt(figured a bit too bright for an old photo) did i get it :)

I just reloaded the picture i posted a couple messages up

schen

Yes.  Yes.  Those were the lines I was talking about.  Looking good.  I admire your courage to take on a difficult one like this.  :wnw:

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Job well done Miz!   :up2:
I agree with the toning down of the white shirt a little, looks much better!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]