• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Say Cheese? Or UFO?

Started by Atlantis, February 22, 2010, 05:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

Being european I sometimes have problems identifying objects in photos from the USA.

This photo has an unidentified object that looks like a giant cheese.
Is it part of the tablesale or is she exhibiting special objects?
And what would the blue ribbonlike object be?
Thanks for your helping eyes!

original:

my work so far :
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Ausimax

Atlantis,

I think there are other photos of this family/event that may help, other than that the most likely object would be a balloon. Don't think they are that big into cheese.  :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Atlantis, I'm with Max on the balloon.  The event looks to me like a 4-H kids' activities day, where older youngsters help little ones do art projects.  I don't see a ribbon-like object, so I can't weigh in on that.  But the items on the wall look to me like possible completed art on display.  For what it's worth...

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Atlantis,

Yes we like cheese but I agree with Max not quite that much. My vote is for a balloon also. To me there appears to be a tied end just above the watch band on the person in the foreground. At least it looks that way to me. Now, if the photo was from Wisconsin, cheese may be a good possibility.

Johnboy

Atlantis

Thanks for having a look.
What does 4-H kids mean? I get the 4 and kids but I'm clueless on the H.
Why would the older girl be dressed in sportsclothing?

A balloon was the first object my hubbie mentioned as well but it looked so big to me and the yellow is not the normal brightness I would expect for a balloon. That's why I decided to ask around here.
How about the red t-shirt. There might and might not be a logo, text or other decoration on her back. As  for now I think I will make it all red. Unless you see what I missed. The face of that girl is completely hidden in damage. I will need to guess and hint her head, I think we are looking at the back of it.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

kiska

4-H: Head, Heart, Hands, Health. It was an organization for rural kids originally. They have since broadened their scope.

http://4-h.org/4hstory.html
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro