• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Non-Restore Challenge 3

Started by Bambi, January 23, 2013, 06:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

We know you're all ready for a new challenge, so here it is. Post your work on this thread.

One BIG CHANGE: This picture has it's own Gallery and you can download it from there. The Password is: Challenge3. Have fun!

Bambi

seekingoz

Where do you type the password? I went to the Photoshelter gallery and when I clicked on the photo it says it's copyright protected. I'm new to the system so I haven't done a real download and restoration yet.

Thanks,
Judy

seekingoz

I'm probably doing something wrong...that box never popped up. I am logged in so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Judy

Methok

There is a download button above the image. Click that then you should be asked for a password.

- Steve

bjtx

Bambi, Margie & others,
I sure like your selection for this challenge.
It would be nice if someone was able to bring back what was/is a fun photo of a happy little girl.  I hope to find time to try.
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Katreester

It's been awhile since I posted on the forum, I find it hard using words to describe the process but I'll try. I used the healing and cloning brushes on the blue channel. Then colorized the girl and painted the background. The blue channel gave some detail on the skirt(pants?) but I couldn't figure out how to fix it

seekingoz

Katreester, I'm really impressed with what you've done. I've been working on mine for days and have found I've lost the feeling of the original. Did you do the hair in the blue channel, too?

Judy

bjtx

Katreester     :up2:   :up2:

(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Katreester

Judy

Yes, I used an adjustment layer, and lowered the brightness. I decided to keep the highlights in front so on the adjustment layer, I used the paint brush. Black removes and white adds, at whatever brush size you want.

seekingoz

I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Judy

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge