• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just testing something...

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 09, 2008, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

Wondered how animated gif's look...

DavieBoyDave

Yep, it works - now for that little dog...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Dave, I like it.  How'd you do it?

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

DavieBoyDave

Using PhotoShop - only!!! Stumbled across a tutorial a while ago and want to try it... see how it worked. You can also add "tweening" to it so it fades from one to another... although that does add to the file size considerably.

(In CS3 at least) Just click "Window" and "Animation" to bring up the box. Click on the "Slides" icon lower right to see the slide layouts and play about... drag before and after images into the slides... tween between them if needed. (To save, choose "Save for Web & Devices" so set GIF parameters.)

You could use several slides to do a "story of a restoration"... might make quite an interesting image in some circumstances.

Failing my explanation above, check the photoshop help file or google "PhotoShop animation"... looks quite fun... a new dimension! :)

glennab

Hi Dave

The animation function is also available in CS2.  I just hadn't noticed it.  The files we use for our web sites at work are all done in Image Ready/Photoshop because we do a lot of tweening and we can jump back and forth between the programs.  I just learned to do it – will have a few of my animations on one of our upcoming sites, and it's amazing how simple it is once you know what you're doing.  Fortunately I work in an art department with one ever-curious old fart (that would be me) and two young savvy characters who are way ahead of me in the web realm, but they're catching me up quickly.  I never thought I'd say it (and I'll deny to my associates that I said it!), but I'm beginning to like doing web work.  Always loved the design part (that's what I do most), but actually using Dreamweaver to construct pages has been tough for a right-brainer.

I really like your idea of making a progressive image of the restorations in stages.  Not sure how much space it would take, but might be worth experimenting.  I think it would be fascinating to observe how each of us goes about the process.

You're a wealth of information!  I'm so glad you joined us.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Dave,

That looks really cool! One of our members does that on his avatar.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]