• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young Lad Needs A Seat

Started by weewood, January 13, 2009, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Well, I getting towards the end on this one (unless you tell me different), but I feel the young lad needs a seat, maybe a carpeted seat? What do you think?

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

PatW

Boy David, do we know how to pick 'em or what!   It almost looks to me like it could be a kid-size bean bag chair.

glennab

Hi David

I can't make out what the little guy's sitting on, no matter what I try. However, if you check the blue channel in the original, his face, shoes and hands are easily discerned.  I'd definitely use that channel to get a more realistic look.

Cheers & hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

battleaxe

Hi David,
  Thought he was sitting on a bean bag also

weewood

This is my second crack at trying to get things to look right and provide a bean bag chair. I can't really tell, even from the blue channel, what style the bean bag chair is, but I built what I thought looked good. Hope this looks better to everyone now?

I will say that the photo looks so much better when viewed as an 8X10.

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

glennab

Wowser, bowser, David!  What an improvement.  His face looks fantastic, and the rest of him looks more realistic.  I think the bean bag works very well.  You never cease to amaze me.  I think you've done a great job.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

weewood

Thanks, Glenna! I was hoping you would like it.  :hug:
David J. Davis

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Great job, David!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Nice work David!  The only comment I can add is perhaps adding a bit more dodging and burning of the body ~ hands, feet, torso.  Just add more shadowing/depth of field to give it the look of, well...depth.  Look really, really close at his left hand (our right) and you can see some of the shadowing.  I think the same goes with the feet.  The cushion he is sitting on looks perfect, but is the background too.....much of one solid color?  Maybe a bit of dodging to lighten certain areas?  I hope this all makes sense. I think you did a fabulous job on this photo, but am looking at the aspect of a photo that gives it the realistic "depth" that we see in an untouched photo.

My best!

Christine

Hannie

Hi David,

Congratulations on a wonderful restore, beautiful job!
Christine's tips will even make it better, I tried the background myself.  I always find it the hardest thing to replace.

I selected the background with the magic wand set at 20.  Then I used a soft big brush to dodge midtones at 3%, just following the outline a couple of times and used the original as an example.

Finally in hue/saturation I pushed the hue slider to -7.

:loveit:

Hannie

After posting this I saw that I dodged too much, it should be a little less!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

This is my latest rendition. I had a little fairy drop bye and sprinkle some pixel dust on this photo which I think has really helped. I would like to send this one home, unless there are some strong objections.

I finally realized, that I have a very distracting glare on my monitor, that keeps me from seeing things as they should be. I need to figure out what I can do about that. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Mhayes

David, this looks great! The addition of adding more depth to your photo made all the difference!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I  really like the shading, very nice job!

David, maybe you should turn your computer set up 180 degr. around the other way!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Nice job David!   :up:

Christine