• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

hair

Started by Niksmum, November 20, 2012, 06:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niksmum

It was suggested to me to upload the following restore to get advise for the hair  Any suggestions welcome.

battleaxe

My suggestion for the hair is to make a blank layer.  Select a very small hard brush. Sample a colour of hair, make sweeps following the outline of the colour you selected.  Not too many, just a few.   Add a very small gaussian blur  .2 to 1 %.  and play with the opacity of the layer and blending modes to add texture to the hair.  You especially want  to do this to the hair along the edges of the background.

schen

You did a great job cleaning up so far.  What I will try with the hair is to select the smudge tool and a brush that looks like some small random dots then "comb" her hair in the direction of the hair.  Also comb her hair out to blur the margin which looks too sharp on the left hand side.

I always make a duplicate layer before starting a modification like this, so that in case I don't like the result, I can go back easily.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Some other ideas for hair are on: "Tutorial" section: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/portfolio/tutorials/

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Irene,

I find hair very difficult to fix, I hope the above tips will help!
The "wiggly" bits in her hair on the right side hair I think are damage?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum

Thanks guys. I have sent her home......I hope  ;D

Niksmum

Niksmum

Ok I'm back!!!!

I have spent many hours on this and do not want to give up on it. This is my latest try so any suggestions as to what I need to do next is apprecated. I have tried all the suggestions so far but nothing is working for me

Thanks Irene