• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ShepherdB21_6 Review

Started by Rbm, October 07, 2012, 10:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbm

Greetings,

What else can I do to this one?  What did I overlook and/or misinterpret in the damaged areas?

Thanks,
Richard

Mike S.

Hello Richard,

You have done an incredible job on the damage repair of this picture.  WOW, all the work you put into this one!

The only thing I can see is you might want to think about a Vibrance Layer.  See below, I increased the Vibrance and Saturation.

Mike

Mike S.

Rbm

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will do that.

Richard

Mhayes

Richard,

You have done a fantastic job on this one!  :wnw:

This is a very minor pic, but I would soften the bottom of the bride's gown. I know that you had so little to work with, but wonder if a slight blur might help. On the side by the father, I wonder if you could make a selection of the bottom and then do a Edit>Transform>Warp. That would allow that part of gown to fold and lay flat on the carpet---hope that makes sense. Part of the gown hangs straight down, but it appear that some is longer and drags on the carpet.

Great Job!!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

8) Fabulous work, Richard. There's one more in the gallery very much like it (hint, hint).

Bambi

Rbm

Hey Margie,

I think I understand what you are asking for.  I will make that change and post the new version here for review.

OK Bambi,

Send me the remaining Shepherd wedding photo and I'll start on it as soon as I get this one accepted.

Thanks,
Richard

Mhayes

Richard,

Nothing like suggesting something that doesn't quite work out as planned. I tried it and in the end did only the blur.  I did a selection of the bottom of the gown with the pattern and did a slight Gaussian Bur (may need to put on own layer and then do a mask) and see what you think. I wanted a more softer look, but you may like your original better.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Richard,

What a beautiful restore, I love how you built up the lace work at the bottom of the dress!  :up2:
I really like Margie's suggestions for the blur and warp.  To warp the left side of the skirt would probably mean that you have extend some of the man's trouser and shoe towards where the dress changes shape?

Hannie 

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Rbm

Greetings,

Hey Margie - Is this new version closer to what you wanted to see?

Thanks,
Richard

lurch

The only suggestion I'd have at this point is about the background. To my eye, the wood and bricks don't look natural - need more red.
<C>

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge